Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDB7875 w/G8

Gatrezal

Edit:
Eh, whatever, I guess I don’t really need/want to sell this module, I just wish the beam could look better.

mods, can you move this to “445” or “blue lasers” or “420 blues” or something ? Thanks

Last edited:

I am not sure if you are referring to the copper 20 mm diode mount module or what, but if that is what you have and the discoloration is due to oxidation, use a product named Brasso on it, then seal with something. It will shine right up, all copper and brass oxidizes over time, to keep it from happening must be sealed with something, lacquer or clear nail polish will work. DTR-LPF does not seal them because not everyone wants that, I don't.

Last edited:
Oh, the laser beam :p

Well, the sensitivity of the eye is far less for the colors which are on the shorter and longer wavelength ends of the visible spectrum, blue and red are not very bright, power for power, than the middle color wavelength of green is. Depending upon how far into the shorter or longer wavelengths, blue and red can be 10 percent or less the brilliance of 520-532 nm green at the same power.

You can compare here: https://slickscreen.github.io/laser-tools/brightness/

Last edited:
That is one of the reasons I don't like the shorter wavelength blues, the only blue wavelength I like is 465-470 nm, and for red 638 nm which are much brighter than for example, 450 nm blue (445 nm even worse), or 650 nm red.

That is one of the reasons I don't like the shorter wavelength blues, the only blue wavelength I like is 465-470 nm, and for red 638 nm which are much brighter than for example, 450 nm blue (445 nm even worse), or 650 nm red.
Hi,
I agree the 465/470 WL is a beautiful sky blue . to bad the diodes only come now with a factory ball lens. I remember when they were sold with the can intact , but you cant focus the beam. I think you can still get them but are a bit pricey ..
Rich:)

I bought some, just saving for another time to use them in something. As you know, these decanned 07E diodes seem to all die an early death without putting much time on them when exposed to the air.

I bought some, just saving for another time to use them in something. As you know, these decanned 07E diodes seem to all die an early death without putting much time on them when exposed to the air.
Yes thats the down part diode failure with a removed ball lens correct.

Encap

Suggest you send a link to this thread to DTR and ask if DTR can fix what is bothering you--surprised you have not done that already actually
DTR wants happy customers and will usually go the distance to make that so--my guess is DTR will fix the problem or exchange the unit with one that is right if your situation is not the norm. Maybe a different lens would eliminate the problem-who knows? Anyway DTR is the one to go to to resolve you problem.

I have found that some times one can get a reflection aberration from an imperfection in the lens barrel threading, lens ring, even the lens barrel focus adjuster ring. some times i have even used a black sharpie on the inner circle of these. I recommend removing the lens first though, make sure you know how it goes back in. Oh the nice thing is that if you don' like the black, Or if it is actually a lens defect, you can use rubbing alcohol to remove it.

Gatrezal, all of the barrels I have ever received from Jordan, Axiis, or Survival always look and function great! But if the beam geometry is wide, any little shiny surface can cause aberrations. A lot of us enthusiasts have accepted a little ugliness in the beam shape. We just like the P.O. or the wave length. I myself have a Nichia 1.2 W 638nm that is very wide, a 1W 650nm with square emission. The same also goes for most other mm diodes. Unless you can afford DPSS lasers, be happy with having a laser. Oh, you can look at the lenses section here, it has some great beam correction ideas.

Gatrezal, I have found that on some diodes the dual emitters are not directly centered on the die. This can very between batches. Hey, even the numb 44 has a complete line when focussed via a G2 lens. LOL:)🍺

Hi, Good Morning..
Great build with everything but the kitchen sink, things like this with what you have make you think.
Good job I like it.

Very Steam Punk! It looks like it belongs in " His Dark Materials" Great Job!

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Hiding from your wife? I gotta hear about that! XD