Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nature Shots

Arctic scenery shots from hot air balloon ride... Inversion layer shows beautifully on these..

hotairballoon-0103.jpg

hotairballoon-0111.jpg

hotairballoon-0140.jpg

hotairballoon-0125.jpg

hotairballoon-0116.jpg

hotairballoon-0115.jpg

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Simply astounding ArcticDude. Can't rep you again yet. Beautiful. :beer:

I'll bet it was cold up in that balloon. Very nice photos from a difficult place to set up. I have to wait to rep you again, also.

Simply stunning scenery, beautiful images ArcticDude.
I just can't imagine what it's like, it'd be a dream come true for me to visit places like this.

We've just had one of the hottest weeks here in Sydney last week with temps reaching above 47°C (~ 117°F).
scared14.gif

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Beautiful photos of your hot air balloon ride, Arcticdude! :beer:
If anyone hasn't been taken a balloon ride, you've got to give it a try, it's a very peaceful, quiet ride, except when the propane burners are on.

I'll bet it was cold up in that balloon. Very nice photos from a difficult place to set up. I have to wait to rep you again, also.

I took a winter balloon ride; I'm sure it wasn't as cold as Arctic's, but it was actually pretty warm since you are moving exactly at the wind speed, so there's no wind at all, and when the burner is on, it can actually get pretty warm in the basket!

@RB, I'll bet you're about ready for some of that cold arctic air right about now! :D

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I've been on a hot balloon in the uk, but no scenes like that for me. It is a very weird feeling, looking and floating around in a basket. An amazing experience for anyone to try, regardless if you have a fear of heights. :whistle:

That is a very nice sunset Andrew. :beer:

Last edited:
Here's a shot from a stunning sunset we had recently.
I only had my iPhone so I grabbed a shot.

sunset.jpg

Whoa!!
What a beautifully captured image and sun rays! Good job Andrew! :wave:

Beautiful photos of your hot air balloon ride, Arcticdude! :beer:
If anyone hasn't been taken a balloon ride, you've got to give it a try, it's a very peaceful, quiet ride, except when the propane burners are on.

I took a winter balloon ride; I'm sure it wasn't as cold as Arctic's, but it was actually pretty warm since you are moving exactly at the wind speed, so there's no wind at all, and when the burner is on, it can actually get pretty warm in the basket!
:D

I Second that!
No cold up there in the basket :)

Those photo's from the balloon look just like home to me.

RB: GLORIOUS shot, wow... I love sun shots, used to take a lot of photo's of the sun when a kid.

I've posted this one here before, but here is a sunrise in Erbil, Iraq. I'm in Kurdish country, they don't consider themselves as part of Iraq, want to be their own country. The people here don't look much like the southern Iraqi's either:
IMG_8352.jpg

Last edited:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Such a beautiful place, I remember a middle east special on Top Gear once, and that showed how wonderful those countries are. We only see the war-torn images, not the lovely landscapes.

Our media has been bought and paid for, they propagate what ever impression the powers that be want us to see.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
Last edited: