Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Nature Shots

Nutball

I had to leave home and go to the woods for these

Just wow. As I look through my pictures, so many good ones, not to toot my own horn, but its amazing what you see if you take a close look at nature every once in a while. I frequent the place where these were taken to the point where I just think of it as hot tick infested ugliness because it is not a well manicured field and forest like a state park. I never expected it to make so many good pictures. I had to take a few breaks to let the camera cool down there were so many cool things to capture.

More to come as I get to them.

Attachments

paul1598419

You got some more interesting photos again, Nutball. Not into insects as much as you are, but they are fascinating. + Rep. :yh:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
More great nature shots, glad to see that you're posting them again! :yh:
:kewlpics: +rep!

Last edited:

paul1598419

Hey, Jeff. It looks like you might make class 4 laser before the end of the day. Congrats.

Nutball

Anybody know if there's a quality lowering compression involved in uploading pictures? I intended to compensate for the usual alterations that occur after upload by darkening shadows, and increasing contrast and saturation, but it appears doing that causes high contrast between dark background colors after upload. Bummer. I've noticed too that Windows photo gallery renders images with pleasant colors (dark darks, high contrast...) while a pro editor Alien Skin renders them simply with very low contrast. I don't think Adobe Lightroom looked much different than Windows, but it's been years since I've used it. Kinda stupid how different programs show very different colors on the same computer and monitor. How do we define a real color standard? TILT your LCDs UP BEFORE VIEWING!

Rant over

Attachments

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice "dust bunny" photos, Nutball, are those baby dust bunnies in that last shot or some other parasite going along for the ride. :yh:
:kewlpics:

Last edited:

paul1598419

That was interesting, Nutball. That last photo does look like the "dust bunny" has some parasites. As insects go, you don't see them mothering offspring, so I doubt they would be larvae. + Rep.

paul1598419

As insects go these are still disgusting, but interesting too. :yh: + Rep.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Nice pics Nutball!
Looks like the tiny grasshopper is trying to camouflage himself as grass seed. :yh:

Paul, you ought to try those grasshoppers with some chocolate, I hear they taste good that way, and ....they are all protien! :crackup:

paul1598419

No thanks, Jeff. I like my insects alive and wriggling. Mmmm!

paul1598419

More insects on flowers, Nutball? It's okay. I know that is what you like to do. + Rep. :D

Nutball

It wouldn't be so repetitive if you would contribute other nature shots. Washington state would be refreshing for me to see as it is a good bit different from Tennessee. I sure do like seeing evergreen forests in Alaska. I'd like to go there some day.