Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Narrower beam from aixiz module?

well i was gona post that review on PL but without actual measurements its not worth the web space its taking up!!!

medium...

he clearly didnt test it well then as its regarded as one of the best lens money can buy.

Well the beam quality is pretty poor, lots of Airy rings and diffraction artefacts, it's one of the lenses with the most splash around. It may well be that the extra few percent output the lens gives, is largely in the splash around it, and thus useless. You are invited to do a better test and show otherwise.

what a naff review he doesnt seem to have measured the beam sizes?

I don't care about beam size, there are also uses for lasers other than silly light shows.

Benm;

What you are looking for is a short back F.L. AR aspherical lens.

The short back F.L. collimates the laser diode beam before it becomes too wide.

Danjoo did some of the pioneering work in this thread:

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/roithner-lens-27-small-fl-lens-34001.html

The Hi-Power lens assembly I developed has a back FL of 2.39mm and a Numerical Aperture of 0.6.

Roithner does not give the effective back FL for their Lens 27 (NA is 0.45).

LarryDFW

Last edited:

Benm

So where can one buy this lens at a reasonable price?

Roitner seems nice enough, but not the kind of company to send out single items at good prices :(

Well the beam quality is pretty poor, lots of Airy rings and diffraction artefacts, it's one of the lenses with the most splash around. It may well be that the extra few percent output the lens gives, is largely in the splash around it, and thus useless. You are invited to do a better test and show otherwise.

I don't care about beam size, there are also uses for lasers other than silly light shows.

well you obviously got the lens dirty then didnt you, ive brought lens from roithner and kept properly they come without scatter. ive also seem a number of len27's in projector and none of them had any scatter.

yes £10,000 laser projectors is silly, but waving a little pointer around is cool...

Benm

A little bit of artefact/scatter doesnt even have to be such a problem in a projector, as long as it doesnt lose a significant amount of light. The advantage of a scanner/projetor over a pointer is that much of the scatter simply misses the galvo mirrors, so it doesnt come out in the projection.

Its till lost light, but could be worth it if it allows for comparable red and green beam diameters and divergences.

Can I suggest a beam expander on the green module?

I would like to see more info on this lens27 though...