Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Name That Laser ! PRIZE UPDATE !!  See page 3

Re: Name That Laser ! PRIZE UPDATE !!  See pa

Score!! :), Big Congrats Lee.

Jase.

T

timelord

Tallaxo said:
Score!! :), Big Congrats Lee.

Jase.
Thanks Jase i'm over the moon bigtime people like me don't win anything. Today i'm a happy man :)

NEMESIS is the name of the new laser i'm really proud i've done something good :) I'm glad i've put something into the laser world that will reach all the world :)

T

timelord

NEMESIS Rules for Rick Lee's new laser courtesy of the Timelord's insight and intuition that rules!! The name is now gonna upset the laser world I am the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
Read it and weep Steve!!!!! [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif] [smiley=smiley_down.gif]

Kenom

Actually Timelord the name of the laser isn't Nemesis.  It's BFG.  Please reread the email sent to SenKat.  He chose it as the name from the game doom.  Like the gun BIG FRAGGIN GUN.  so now it's BFG LASERS.  He chose you as the winner of the prize as that was the name he like the most of out the one's submitted.  I'm not being mean to you.  I am dissapointed in the name he chose it's to me a bit juvenile.

AS A REMINDER,  THE NAME OF THE LASER IS "BFG"  "BFGLASERS.COM"  BIG FRAGGIN GREEN LASERS.

PLease if anyone is upset or affended cause of this post I apologize my irritation is not directed at anyone.  

Original post by SenKat.

I decided on the name BFG Lasers, in reference to the green plasma gun in the video game DOOM. If you played any of the versions, you'll likely know what it stands for. Except this will be Big Fing Green Lasers instead of Big Fing Gun haha... The site will be www.bfglasers.com , which I have yet to set up.

As for the naming contest, the name was chosen by myself, as I didnt quite like the a lot of the names suggested by the forums which seemed to center around greek gods/goddesses or some wierd star trek terminology. I wanted a name that will stick out in web searches, and not be mistaken for something else, or use a common word which wouldnt show up at all. So I've decided to give the prize to the person who chose the name of Nemesis on the LPF forum, as it would somewhat describe the competition of a new laser coming out on the market

I appreciate the effort you've put into compiling the name list. If I didnt end up choosing the name myself, I probably would have chosen Nemesis

T

timelord

Well i think i chose well as it came from the heart and no stupid mindless game ::) Games are for children not for men like me, so when i set eyes on a PS3, it will be smashed to bits and the blue diode removed!!!! That's the only good games serve to me ::)

T

timelord

Rest assured that whatever i win, i will review it and post pics and videos of it in action so watch this space in the multimedia section :D