Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Name our new Current events thread

New name for Current Events Thread

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
No one! Are you sure about that? On the Political Debates thread I was more often than not the only voice in opposition to the mainly conservative views. Most of my arguments came from my subscriptions to the Washington Post and the NY Times. I didn't usually mind when I was called all sorts of nasty names as in my College Ethics class debates name calling is only used when one is losing the argument. Still, I was the only one there that ever got banned for the things that I said.
Paul Ill say this once. This is a poll thread for naming the new current events thread not the Paul wants to bitch about the politics being closed thread.
It came down to the thread being a fight between you and redcowboy to which redcowboy stopped posting and it was just you talking to yourself.
The threads creation was to prevent multiple members from bickering across various threads on lpf. Those in charge at the time felt it was necessary to have one thread contain it. It no longer serves that purpose. Having you alone spew your political beliefs is not something lpf is there for. This is a laser hobbyist forum. Get over it or get out.

Last edited:

No one! Are you sure about that? On the Political Debates thread I was more often than not the only voice in opposition to the mainly conservative views. Most of my arguments came from my subscriptions to the Washington Post and the NY Times. I didn't usually mind when I was called all sorts of nasty names as in my College Ethics class debates name calling is only used when one is losing the argument. Still, I was the only one there that ever got banned for the things that I said.
I for one was banned at least a couple of times so your statement is factually incorrect. Lol

Eidetical

No one cares
I care, because of what's called "signal to noise ratio". What no one cares about are the political views and rants not in agreement with themselves. And if someone was actually "on the fence" about things that matter, there are waaaaaayyy better sources of information than on a hobbyist laser forum.

julianthedragon

Pollster: "So, what would you say has been your primary source of news leading up to the '24 election?"

Me (surrounded by lasers): "You...you wouldn't understand"

I care, because of what's called "signal to noise ratio". What no one cares about are the political views and rants not in agreement with themselves. And if someone was actually "on the fence" about things that matter, there are waaaaaayyy better sources of information than on a hobbyist laser forum.

That's a strawman.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Straw hat arguments hold no sway over Pith Helmet arguments. O___O

442px-Pith_helmet_-_Royal_Canadian_Military_Institute_-_Toronto%2C_Canada_-_DSC00325.jpg

A debate with one side of the argument removed is just a fan club.
Exactly, why can't the woke kiddies seem to comprehend this ?

Anytime their pre fed opinion is threatened by virtue of someone asking them to think, it's strawman, boogeyman, buzzword. na na na na with their fingers in their ears saying " I made my point so now I'm not listening. "

Exactly, why can't the woke kiddies seem to comprehend this ?

Anytime their pre fed opinion is threatened by virtue of someone asking them to think, it's strawman, boogeyman, buzzword. na na na na with their fingers in their ears saying " I made my point so now I'm not listening. "

I listened to all your arguments. Then I would link, if possible, why you were wrong if you were in fact that. My trouble is that the Washington Post and NY Times won't allow me to link my subscribed articles. So, I would have to repeat the main points in my posts.

Politics these days is 95% of the time more like a fight between two groups of cheerleaders.

I would agree with that statement mainly, but for Donald Trump who is now the most investigated ex-president in history. He has already lost several lawsuits and most prosecutors believe he will face criminal charges. He lost a tax fraud suit for the maximum amount of $1.6 million and is facing another for $250 million in New York. The grand jury investigation in Georgia has wrapped up and DA Willis will be making an indictment consideration soon.

Ears and Eggs

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
Instead of a political thread we could just have a thread where everyone posts videos of large brawls caught on tape. Would be about the same as a political debate these days but more entertaining.

Like this: