Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Name changes to Isaac Clarke

Have to admit, I thought the original name was purposefully made to be borderline offensive, which didn't fit at all with personality. Like the change.

Just don't change your avatar for a while please :)

Seriously. I can't second this enough.

Found this. Character in the game Dead Space I think. I've been surfing picture posting websites lately and there are tons of references to games. Not being a gamer I don't get any of the jokes.

That's correct. His subtitle and avatar both reflect this. "CEC Engineer" and the picture of the character holding the iconic Plasma Cutter weapon in his engineering suit.

In other news, am I the only one seeing unusually large discrepancy in expected vs actual number of "gamers" in an otherwise highly technical and cutting-edge tech oriented community? That was always a bit weird for me.

That's correct. His subtitle and avatar both reflect this. "CEC Engineer" and the picture of the character holding the iconic Plasma Cutter weapon in his engineering suit.

In other news, am I the only one seeing unusually large discrepancy in expected vs actual number of "gamers" in an otherwise highly technical and cutting-edge tech oriented community? That was always a bit weird for me.

How can I get my Subtitle changed? Can it just say "Sith Lord" I mean I did build my own custom Light Saber out of a Laser using my own design and had it machined. I think that qualifies me... right?

just contact C0ldshadow and request your title to be change from 'class xx laser' to your liking.

edit: seem like everyone like my avatar....so it will remains.......

i think everyone is a gamer really.... people occasionally play card game,chess, any other game on computer....

but people think the word 'gamer' means people who are addicted to game and look nerdy lolz....at least that hat people around me define it.

Last edited:
that guy Issac clark lucks out more (cheats death) than the guy in apocalypto

Last edited:
i think everyone is a gamer really.... people occasionally play card game,chess, any other game on computer....

but people think the word 'gamer' means people who are addicted to game and look nerdy lolz....at least that hat people around me define it.

I disagree.

If you ask me to define what a "gamer" means,

It's somebody who appreciates the experience of a video game for more than just passing time or killing boredom.

Your definition is basically like calling somebody a "Racer" because they've been in a vehicle at some point in their life, instead of somebody who goes out of their way to seek the thrill of a race and perfect their skills in it.

Similarly, a gamer prefers playing games to some possible activities that time. Say, I would much more prefer launching one of the games on my computer, than to watch a football game.

And to be fair, the public and most accepted definition of a "gamer" as a derogatory term is slowly fading away, which is great to see.

@Isaac Clark and Eudaimonium - Just know I would have +repped yall for the gamer comments. From one gamer to another, /wave.

My video gaming has declined a lot for multiple reasons.

1. There isn't much that appeals to me any more.
2. Crap like Steam that is required to play and launch games.
3. Broken/half finished games.
4. Having to pay more for crap that should have been included in the release. This goes with the half finished game crap.

that's make 3.

yes this has happened quiet a lot recently...But it mostly EA that get feature in the news.

Last edited: