Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mystery laser

Ohmydearbug

Hello there! I am very excited to have found this forum. I have been interested in lasers since the day I first laid my eyes on one. Three years ago I asked my parents for one for my birthday. They obliged and ordered one. After 3 months of waiting for one to arrive we called the bank and got our money back as we thought we had been scammed. Disappointed I give up and ask for a telescope instead. Well not even two weeks after my birthday(about 6 months from initial order) a box shows up with a wonderful blue/violet laser in it(nothing like the one I picked out). The laser does not match the picture on the box of three lasers, or even match up with the spaces cut out in the box. I've searched for some clue of what it might be or any information on it for as long as I've had it. The only thing the box has on it besides "laser torch" is Duracell lithium 123 written in cursive on the inside. Unfortunately it has stopped working and without proper information on it I have no idea why. This laser was my pride and joy(i cried like a b*tch when I got it, I was so happy). It's black, came with keys and an extra barrel that extends the batteries area to (for what I assume) add some extra juice. I tried to upload photos of it but unfortunately I keep getting told the size of my pictures is too big :( if you think you can help me identify my laser please let me know!! I'll provide my email address so we can converse and I'll send pictures.
Until then I will continue my search of the Internet and report back to the thread if I find out what it is.
Thanks in advance!

who doesnt love a mystery?

welcome to the forum and do you think you could post some pictures or the mysterious device?

Ohmydearbug

It won't let me upload pictures to the thread but I was able to upload some on my profile in an album.

Anthony P

You can post pictures on an outside website and put a link here. I use "Imgur.com"

GSS

Welcome :)
When it was working was the beam visible? Asking for a few reason as if it was a 405nm you wouldn't see a the beam and the spot would be purplish in color, and a 445nm would be decent visible if the unit was 500mw and above and alot more blue in color..
I do have to ask, did you check the battery's voltage as the those Duracels aren't rechargable as far as I know and are only 3V to begin with.
Did you happen to put the battery's in backwords at some point by any chance? as it might of killed the driver..

Hello there! I am very excited to have found this forum. I have been interested in lasers since the day I first laid my eyes on one. Three years ago I asked my parents for one for my birthday. They obliged and ordered one. After 3 months of waiting for one to arrive we called the bank and got our money back as we thought we had been scammed. Disappointed I give up and ask for a telescope instead. Well not even two weeks after my birthday(about 6 months from initial order) a box shows up with a wonderful blue/violet laser in it(nothing like the one I picked out). The laser does not match the picture on the box of three lasers, or even match up with the spaces cut out in the box. I've searched for some clue of what it might be or any information on it for as long as I've had it. The only thing the box has on it besides "laser torch" is Duracell lithium 123 written in cursive on the inside. Unfortunately it has stopped working and without proper information on it I have no idea why. This laser was my pride and joy(i cried like a b*tch when I got it, I was so happy). It's black, came with keys and an extra barrel that extends the batteries area to (for what I assume) add some extra juice. I tried to upload photos of it but unfortunately I keep getting told the size of my pictures is too big :( if you think you can help me identify my laser please let me know!! I'll provide my email address so we can converse and I'll send pictures.
Until then I will continue my search of the Internet and report back to the thread if I find out what it is.
Thanks in advance!
You need to manually resize your photos. If you're using Windows 10 it's easy to do.

JoshuaGonzalez

Hello there! I am very excited to have found this forum. I have been interested in lasers since the day I first laid my eyes on one. Three years ago I asked my parents for one for my birthday. They obliged and ordered one. After 3 months of waiting for one to arrive we called the bank and got our money back as we thought we had been scammed. Disappointed I give up and ask for a telescope instead. Well not even two weeks after my birthday(about 6 months from initial order) a box shows up with a wonderful blue/violet laser in it(nothing like the one I picked out). The laser does not match the picture on the box of three lasers, or even match up with the spaces cut out in the box. I've searched for some clue of what it might be or any information on it for as long as I've had it. The only thing the box has on it besides "laser torch" is Duracell lithium 123 written in cursive on the inside. Unfortunately it has stopped working and without proper information on it I have no idea why. This laser was my pride and joy(i cried like a b*tch when I got it, I was so happy). It's black, came with keys and an extra barrel that extends the batteries area to (for what I assume) add some extra juice. I tried to upload photos of it but unfortunately I keep getting told the size of my pictures is too big :( if you think you can help me identify my laser please let me know!! I wrote the essay about this at https://au.edubirdie.com/. I'll provide my email address so we can converse and I'll send pictures.
Thanks in advance!

Did you check laser products catalogs, like this one? https://www.altechna.com/download/catalog/Altechna_Catalog_2017.pdf

It won't let me upload pictures to the thread but I was able to upload some on my profile in an album.
If you email them to me at happydd1964@gmail.com (probably just one or two photos per email) I'll be more than happy to resize them AND host them on my own server; I can then easily email the links (with appropriate LPF image tags so all you'd need do is copy and paste them) back to you lickety-split (unless of course, your photos arrive while I'm having a seista). ;)

Unown (WILD)

Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
If you email them to me at happydd1964@gmail.com (probably just one or two photos per email) I'll be more than happy to resize them AND host them on my own server; I can then easily email the links (with appropriate LPF image tags so all you'd need do is copy and paste them) back to you lickety-split (unless of course, your photos arrive while I'm having a seista). ;)
Thread is from 2019