Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My WL experience

Hello,

I'm new to lasers-as-a-hobby. I had a red laser pointer 15 years ago. Anyway...a colleague of mine at the college I teach at mentioned using lasers in a demonstration of the energy of photons of different wavelengths. I asked where to buy them and he said WL. I checked them out, but apparently not enough. I ordered three lasers: 650 nM 200 mW, 532 nM 5 mW, and 405 nM 100 mW.

All appeared to be instock, however, after talking with customer service online I found out all are out of stock. I emailed back to see when they might be in stock, and I received the same G1/G2 email from Steve that others have received. I found puzzling and disheartening since it had nothing to do with my email. I have no idea when I'm going to get anything from them.

I ordered the lasers to be used in my classroom demonstrations. I need them within the next month. Can anyone please recommend a company that has quality lasers in those variety of wavelengths others would be great as well. A range of powers would be great as well. I also need a company that can deliver these lasers in that time range.

I've looked through the forum and all the information is quite overwhelming for a newbie such as myself. I appreciate any and all help.

For high quality lasers with rapid shipping to the US you should also consider

optotronics.com

novalasers.com

Optotronics is located in the US and Novalasers in Canada, so units from Nova have to clear customs meaning Optotronics lasers can arrive faster. Both companies have very high quality products, Optotronics has a larger selection of accessories.

Cheers!

Edit: Forgot to say, the Novalasers units are also CNI, like laserglow.

Edit2: dragonlasers.com is also supposed to be good, but I don't know how quick their shipping is. Maybe someone can comment on that. Also, Optotronics has amazing customer service.

Edit3: For 405nm pointer-style lasers, I ordered from the e-bay seller reviewed here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/ebay-9-blu-ray-pens-great-53322.html
I got two lasers within a few days of ordering. Both have nice power and the lasers are inexpensive!

Last edited:

Justin

At this moment, Laserglow has all of the lasers which you require in-stock and ready to ship. You can have them tomorrow if you place the order soon!

Check here: Laserglow Technologies

Or email me directly. Thanks!

Quality is one thing, price is another, if you are looking to spend somewhere around what you've already spent check o-like.com -they are trusted and you can choose to have DHL ship it to you in 2-3 days for ~30$ for shipping last i checked. If quality is your main focus then your best bet is laserglow, nova, and optotronics but you pay dearly for that quality.

EDIT: 200mW 650nm

200mW 405nm

50mW 532nm

Last edited:
I ordered a 200mW red Pulsar on July 16th and they already charged me but nothing has shipped yet

I have setup skype to call them constantly and I sit and wait for them to answer when I am not bussy

I talked to someone about every week since then and was told that it will be shipping "next week" for the past 3 weeks

I think they are running a scam over there and are going to skip town with millions of peoples money - I have some time left before I have to do a charge back so I will wait and see what happens

I thought maybe WL was too good to be true. Obviously, I hope it isn't a scam. Teachers aren't made of money. :D I'm looking around to other sites to see what kinds of deals I can find. It's sad that this company is run this way. If they are as bad as they appear there needs to be a lot of attention brought to this so no one buys from them.

I thought maybe WL was too good to be true. Obviously, I hope it isn't a scam. Teachers aren't made of money. :D I'm looking around to other sites to see what kinds of deals I can find. It's sad that this company is run this way. If they are as bad as they appear there needs to be a lot of attention brought to this so no one buys from them.

I would cancel and buy from one of the recommended sites.
Laserglow and Nova are always a good option. They are honest.

srredwings, perhaps you can buy from a few members here? Jayrob has some nice kits for sale and there pretty cheap. If you live in the us, you can get them with in a few days. There is also the buy sell and trade section. Any how i hope u manage to find some of the things you want. I would cancel your order from wicked and possibly do a charge back if they wont refund you.

Good luck!
Jeff

P.S: Please read up on laser safety so that you and your students will be safe during the experiments.

srredwings, perhaps you can buy from a few members here? Jayrob has some nice kits for sale and there pretty cheap. If you live in the us, you can get them with in a few days. There is also the buy sell and trade section. Any how i hope u manage to find some of the things you want. I would cancel your order from wicked and possibly do a charge back if they wont refund you.

Good luck!
Jeff

P.S: Please read up on laser safety so that you and your students will be safe during the experiments.

Also a good suggestion.
You may be able to find a good 100mW Violet and 200mW red for a good price on the forums.

I'd like thank you all for your advice. I picked up some lasers from O-like. They seem to be good enough for demonstration purposes. If I ever get my WL order, then I have my own lasers. Again, I really appreciate all your help.

okguy

I ordered from WL and cancelled. They responded to my email in less than 24 hours and issued a full refund with no hassles. I have a Spartan 447 nM 1W on order from dragonlasers. It went from processing to queued in 1 day. I will wait and see what happens next.

Last edited:

t580

I asked for a refund on my artic 4 times in the last two weeks and all I get is the g1/g2 response. My subject title of my email has been refund each time. I ordered mine on June 12th. They don't read emails anymore.

okguy

t580,

In the form letter you got, notice this paragraph:

"If for any reason, you would like to receive a refund prior to
shipping, please notify us immediately by sending us an email with
"Cancel order [order number]" in the subject field."

These seem to be auto-generated replies.

I resent my cancel request with that subject field and it went through quickly.

Here is the reply I received:

Your order has been cancelled.

The transaction id is xxxxxxxx.

Please allow few more days for your account to be updated.

Best Regards,

Jeice Cruz
Customer Support Team
Wicked Lasers

wlst001

Hope this helps you t580.

ZapU

I'd like thank you all for your advice. I picked up some lasers from O-like. They seem to be good enough for demonstration purposes. If I ever get my WL order, then I have my own lasers. Again, I really appreciate all your help.

When you get your Arctic, post your impressions. Wondering if the newer ones are holding up better than the first ones.