Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My two laser arrived ! ( Greenies )

DiachiLaser said:
I just connected the two wires from the multimeter onto the two input wires on the board, that were connected to the power supply.

I think I may have burnt the crystals, it's giving me only IR when I look at it with the camera .

well first you should probably check your power supply - you basically just shorted it by doing that

diachi

My power supply is fine, I've shorted it alot of times before, and it stills lights up LED's ok, The multimeter is um .... broken .... it keeps reading the voltage as over double what it actually is .

I got bats for the Romisen though, and I must say, It's a great laser, I can cut black plastic bags unaided and I'm not even using 3.6V bats i'm using 3.0V energizers, the beam is very visible and I can cut tape if I use a lens !!

Although I broke the first DX laser I used, I will buy from them again, especially if they decide to replace the one that broke .

May even Buy more romisens for some friends !

Still sad about the labby breaking though, I'll see if they have got back to me about the replacement when My dad gets in ( as the purchase was made using his e-mail address )

Diachi

Switch

Well, you're not supposed to do that with the ampmeter, it should complete the circuit. :p

diachi

::) Ohh well I can only learn from my mistakes, but I'm lovin the romisen, its got a better beam than the labby, and can even burn stuff with and without a lens, and its only got 3V bats !!!!!!!!!!

Anyway Fingers crossed about replacement

diachi

Good news ! DX said they will send out a replacement laser if I send them the broken one :) and they will reimburse the shipping costs aswell :) I will definatley buy from them again .

Diachi .

Razako

MarioMaster said:
i still find it annoying that people break their products and return them :mad:
I know. It makes it harder for people to return actual defective products and it's basically scamming.

diachi

I'm actually starting to save for a PPL 100  ;D Only need another £85, can make that in about 2 months if I spend as little as possible  ;D ( I'm 14 and I dont have a job yet )

If I can manage to make enough money I may get an RPL 225  :)

My dad loves the romisen , and can't wait to see the other DX laser when its working, so I doubt he would mind me spending $579  ( - 7.5% of course ) on a RPL  ;D

Diachi

Edit : Never Mind I dont have £304 for an RPL , goggles, charger and batteries :mad:

diachi

It's also really not my fault the other DX broke, I never knew that testing the current like that would complete the circuit and send more power into the laser and break it :mad: Now I know better though :)

Diachi

Razako

DiachiLaser said:
I'm actually starting to save for a PPL 100 ;D Only need another £85, can make that in about 2 months if I spend as little as possible ;D ( I'm 14 and I dont have a job yet )

If I can manage to make enough money I may get an RPL 225 :)

My dad loves the romisen , and can't wait to see the other DX laser when its working, so I doubt he would mind me spending $579 ( - 7.5% of course ) on a RPL ;D

Diachi

Edit : Never Mind I dont have £304 for an RPL , goggles, charger and batteries :mad:
Save up for the RPL even if it takes longer. The RPL's are a ton better than the older PPL series. They use a superior pump diode and they don't use annoying C batteries. If you need spare 18650's they only cost $4-5 a piece on DX and you can recharge them hundreds of times.

diachi

:) Thats what I'm doing, I'm saving up all my loose change from weekends and stuff that I never spent on lunch ect and i'm gonna buy an RPL-165 with it :) I need another £180 ::) But I'll get there eventually .

Diachi