Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My two laser arrived ! ( Greenies )

diachi

Today my two laser finally came home after spending over a week in the post office ;D They are the Romisen L-A030 and the green 35mW labby ( which can sting my skin from 6' unaided ) and I've not tested the romisen , No bats !!

The labby came really well wrapped in bubble wrap, the Romisen came in a plain card box.

beam playing with the laser for nearly 2 hours continuously and only the driver board has heated up !

Both great lasers, cant wait to test them tonight !

And you may notice my giant " Beam expander " it expands the beam but doesnt lower divergence, it increases divergence, but near the exit lense theres a really small focal point good for burning ( I took this from an Old philips projector, along with my 2 diffraction optics, there are actually 3 but one reflects green >;( )

heres the pics !

Sorry for the bad quality lol

( No smoke used )

Diachi

Attachments

• IMG043.JPG
    IMG043.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 81

diachi

Another

With some Deo Spray this time .

Attachments

• IMG044.JPG
    IMG044.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 70

diachi

Size

Both lasers next to a Pepsi Can ;D

Attachments

• IMG040.JPG
    IMG040.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 77
That second pic looks good, I am also using deo spary to visualize the beam (since I have no fog machine yet) :( That 35mw labby must be either very overpowered or very nicely focused if it can burn skin from six feet, my x-85 can't do that unless I paint the skin with a black sharpie.
 A beam expander should expand the beam AND lower the divergence, weird that yours doesn't do that. :-? If you have a focal point near the lens, you are perhaps shining lasers the wrong way through. Have you tried shining a laser the other way through it?

diachi

Not 6 Feet ;D 6 Inches with no external lenses ( maybe 9 Inches if I use a sharpie ), I thought people would pick that up wrong ;D

I can burn skin from about 11 feet if I use a really powerful lens .

It isn't exactly a beam expander, just a set of lenses that focus the laser to a really small point, As I said, it's from a philips projector along with all my other lenses and diffraction gratings, and polarized glass and GIANT beam combiner .

But they are great fun anyway, and some of the glass also reflects alot of 532nm green , so good for looking at the dot :)

Diachi

Yeah, that thing about 6 feet sounds to good to be true for a 35mw green. :D You meant to write 6", not 6', right? ::) Anyway, my x-85 can make my skin feel warm at 60 feet if I use a sharpie, but the burning sensation ends at about 15 feet. I once tried to burn my sharpied skin with my 100mw green using a lens. I don't recommend that: the skin instantly started to smoke heavily, and the smell was terrrible. ;D
In that first pic, haven't you used smoke? the beam looks very bright for being a 35mw green. :-?

diachi

Come on, this thing can cut tape burn skin and probably light matches, its obviously alot more than 35mW, I was just cutting tape there from over 10ft with a lense even burnt my finger ;D

I'm gonna take some night time pics, granted I can get batteries for the Romisen, but I might try and get the Labby near a window xD

Diachi

diachi

LOL , I knew someone would ask that, I'll take proper measuremeants later when I find the measuring tape but the dot is  about 1mm - 1.2mm at the aperture and is 4 - 5mm after around 16ft

It's Roughly 0.8mRad

Diachi

diachi

Its great, I turned the pot up a little, just until it could burn my finger slightly , I may put it up another 1/4 - 1/2 turn later though .

Diachi

diachi

OH SHIT !! I THINK I JUST KILLED IT, I HEARD A SMALL POP WHEN I WENT TO TEST THE CURRENT AND IT CUT OUT !!!

diachi

How can I test to see if I bust the LD ? ( The heatsink wasnt even warm when it blew )

Diachi

:'(

You've got a multimeter right?

Connect the black wire to GND (-) and the red wire to the OUT (+ LD leg) on the driver and check the voltage. :-/

diachi

I did, its reading just under the supply voltage :'( Do LD's usually go out with a POP ?

I might try and send it Back