Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Supplier is back!~Wave 1: Over. Wave 2: 3-7 wks

louey

Re: My Supplier is back!

What would be the cost to get 2-3 lasers sent to Australia? (ie the cost of shipping and the $2-4 shipping to you but not including the lasers themselves) Also, approximately how long would it take? Thanks

Lost in Translation said:
What would be the cost to get 2-3 lasers sent to Australia? (ie the cost of shipping and the $2-4 shipping to you but not including the lasers themselves) Also, approximately how long would it take? Thanks

he said around 12-17 bucks.

Anyways sadly lasers over 1mw = illegal in australia :mad: :mad: :( :( :mad: :eek: :( :( :-/ :'( :'( :-[ :mad: :(

well, its kinda at the point where i would have so many lasers trying to ship out, i dont want to fill any customs forms. I think ive put this somewhere else on the thread.

Hey Day, do you think you could edit the title of this thread so we know if you are taking orders or not? I thought you were, but I just read that you were waiting on another wave after going through several pages. I think it would help a lot... Thanks. :)

Re: My Supplier is back!~Wave 1: Over. Wave 2: 3-7

I have a Coherent laser meter and will also be checking the output of all of the lasers I will be receiving. I will be particularly interested in how the 300mW laser meters up. It will also be nice to compare readings with another meter. Keep in mind that as per request this laser will not have an ir filter. You will need a filter to get a good reading. If the divergence isn't too bad and your sensor is large enough you could also just mount the laser and take a measurement of the green light maybe 30ft away. By that point most of the IR will be diverged into the size of a basketball.

louey

@ AusLasersSuck, I want to get 1x 5mw blu-ray and maybe 1-3x 5mw greenies; how strict are Australian customs with lasers. Either way, i heard something about the ban not coming into force in SA for another 3 months, although i might be mistaken.

@ Day, Do you mean the American Customs declaration or some customs thing for Australia

Lost in Translation said:
@ AusLasersSuck, I'm want to get 1x 5mw blu-ray and maybe 1-3x 5mw greenies; how strict are Australian customs with lasers. Either way, i heard something about the ban not coming into force in SA for another 3 months, although i might be mistaken.

@ Day, Do you mean the American Customs decleration or some customs thing for Australia

They are VERY strict.

Same with bb guns.

You CAN get lasers through but its not really worth it.

You can buy 5mw greenies and get it through with day if your lucky by asking him to do somthing like...

labeling on the packet "defective parts" and having him open up the laser and unsoldering somthing or whatever so when you get it, you can re-solder it and also he can take the batterys and instructions out.

You can make your OWN 5mw blu-ray legally and use a rkcstr adjustable so you can adjust the output from low power 5mw pointer to 110mw burning bad-boy.

Ban not coming into SA for 3 months?

Where'd you here that Bull **** its Australia-wide, anyways some goverment person IN NSW banned it dunno who but it was NSW or near it.

So in the end, my plan is to make a blu-ray and make a red burner and I already did buy a green (125mw) from somone in NSW.

So I'm all set :D.

Im getting a Kenometer which is using a real Thermal Head.

Any chance of lower power waterproof greens?

Ill ask, i pro bally can get 150 - 100 mw maybe lower. What kind where your interested in.
[highlight]Announcement[/highlight]: NO ORDERS untill the first wave has arrived at my house then every one elses after being tested for peak / average by me.

ya, i will include a sheet showing Average and Peak, i need to get a DMM with graphing ability's so no graphs yet :D

It was morris iemma who decided that he was so ignorrant he would push for a law he didnt know anything about

louey

AusLasersSuck said:
They are VERY strict.

Same with bb guns.

You CAN get lasers through but its not really worth it.

You can buy 5mw greenies and get it through with day if your lucky by asking him to do somthing like...

labeling on the packet "defective parts" and having him open up the laser and unsoldering somthing or whatever so when you get it, you can re-solder it and also he can take the batterys and instructions out.

You can make your OWN 5mw blu-ray legally and use a rkcstr adjustable so you can adjust the output from low power 5mw pointer to 110mw burning bad-boy.

Ban not coming into SA for 3 months?

Where'd you here that Bull **** its Australia-wide, anyways some goverment person IN NSW banned it dunno who but it was NSW or near it.

So in the end, my plan is to make a blu-ray and make a red burner and I already did buy a green (125mw) from somone in NSW.

So I'm all set  :D.

I heard the "no ban for 3 months" thing on the news a few days ago, shows how much you can trust the media ::).

I would make a blu-ray myself but i don't think I'm skilled enough to do it and i don't want to blow too many diodes. Also just the parts is more expensive than one of the ones here. As for the greens, I'm pretty sure it's much more cost efficient just to buy them (I'm not even sure where I could get green laser diodes).

well ive decided to make wave 2 a host only wave, so any one would be interested in Lead Light hosts for close for $3 USD ? Then of course we would deal with shipping, but that wouldnt be to much of a issue since there light, about 10 bucks for first one then 5 for each extra one. These are not the real prices yet, looking for interest. To all Wave 1 buyers, laser should be here next week or the week after that.