Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My somewhat delayed introduction

So I've been a member for a few months now and while I was just welcoming another new member I realized that I had not even introduced myself in the usual manner :eek:

So here it is, Currently I am a student in my final year of schooling, I'm majoring in chemistry and physics and I am going to study to become an ophthalmologist

my fascination with lasers began a few years ago with styropyro's YouTube videos, I would watch hours worth of his videos and I was just enthralled with lasers, then I happened to come upon LPF (somehow). I scrolled through many threads and searched the forum for may months before I even considered joining, then one day I just signed up.

I cannot even remember how I happened to come across LPF, but I remember just signing up to LPF just on impulse for no apparent reason, glad I did :)

Now since I had endlessly searched on LPF and youtube alike the only thing that could satisfy my photon addiction now was to actually own a laser :D

since I live in Australia I thought I had no hope of getting a laser of any power, well since then I've picked up on how many Australian members have obtained lasers :D with the help of this amazing community I've been able to slowly gather up the confidence (and money) to build my first laser

Even though I have the money and the confidence to build a laser my parents aren't at all keen nor do they like the fact that I buy lasers, if they knew how much I'm going to spend on my first build I think they would absolutely freak out :p

I can't thank you guys enough for such an amazing community. One of the many things I love about this forum is that everyone has no hesitations to helping each other out in any way. I hope that i can do the same thing for other people as well and I hope that i will be able to contribute in any way possible :)

Thanks for reading

~ will manners :beer:

i would welcome you but you have been in the forum longer than i have lol we have had a couple of messages and i hope you got the eBay pens i said to get from that particular seller that where putting out 155 to 160 mw LPM at 650nm i got a couple more and they where 140 and 150 mW so still very good for an eBay pen brighter than a lot of my greens .there are other suppliers i have listed down that will send no batteries or charger and have label that says < 1mW that are all over 100mW and will call it a led torch so I've been happy with my latest arrivals not high power but a lot lot better than 5/10mW send me pm if interested cheers

No worries, thanks for the link as well, they arrived yesterday and I've got to say I'm impressed for the 8 bucks I spent its a bargain, don't have an lpm but when focused they light matchs :)

Thanks for all your help

Cheers will :beer:

Last edited:

Things

Of course a couple of months after I move back to Cairns from Wodonga another member from Albury pops up :D

I swear we'll organise an AUSLEM one day. Need some place central so flights cost just as much for everyone :D

We defiantly need an AUSLEM :) pretty small world out there, I was like, there's a member on here named AUS that lives in Albury :D

according to the member map AUS and I l ive in the Albury art gallery :p

Last edited:
Hello. Long time listener first time caller. Was looking for some duty cycle info for the DL 1w 445 spartan and if the beam expander had any effect. Considering the "stock" lens has had some complaints.

ARG

Welcome to the forum Will :)
Better late than never, I still haven't done mine :p

One of the many things I love about this forum is that everyone has no hesitations to helping each other out in any way. I hope that i can do the same thing for other people as well and I hope that i will be able to contribute in any way possible :)

That's my favorite part as well :) Everyone is super friendly around here.

Hello. Long time listener first time caller. Was looking for some duty cycle info for the DL 1w 445 spartan and if the beam expander had any effect. Considering the "stock" lens has had some complaints.
Would be best to create a new thread about this :)

We defiantly need an AUSLEM :) pretty small world out there, I was like, there's a member on here named AUS that lives in Albury :D

according to the member map AUS and I l ive in the Albury art gallery :p[/QUOTE ] I would be in that i reckon we could get a dozen ppl plus with some posting of a get together, and yes central location is important but its do able although I'm sure my wife will be wrapped to say I'm going away to a laser get together, women just don't seem to get it ....

Well she loves the toy laser 4 mW keychain to give the cat something to chase but hates the rest of what i do men have sheds and in my shed i have lasers + 1 for idea on Australian laser get together it would be great just need to make it happen ...i you want a hand at pm to Australian members too see who's interested let me know, so we can get the ball rolling, we need numbers first and then a location

Last edited: