Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Sharp 503nm Build!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Jeff, from the photo you posted today it looks like this diode might be a case positive one and you are using the Blitz Linear driver from SL. If that is the case I was wondering how easy it was to set the current on this driver as I always have to go slow setting one up. If not.......never mind. :)

Paul, yes this is the "Sharp SB1573N91 diode" that I got from you, it was the one that you spectro'ed at @502.9nm.
The blitz-linear driver that I used this time (third driver), adjusted very easy; it was almost scary since I couldn't get the first two drivers to set no matter what. :yh:

Update - it seems that our source for the "Blitz linear" driver used for these Sharp SB1573N91 case positive diodes (Survival Laser), no longer has them in stock.
I'm not sure if they're temporarily out, or they're gone for good; sometimes they're a finicky driver to set, but they were nice to have when needed. :(

I hope this is a temporary situation. I have never been a fan of these drivers, but it was a viable way to drive these case positive diodes without having to isolate it from the rest of the host.

Are these the same diodes as Chris's GB??

are there any other good/better drivers??

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Len, I'm not sure about these diodes being the same as Chris's GB, I bought mine from Paul.

There may be other drivers out there, but I don't know of any right now; they need to be continuous positive for these case positive diodes.

Are these the same diodes as Chris's GB??

are there any other good/better drivers??
No, the GB lasers are OPSL at 530nm. You still need a driver for them, but that is very easy as these are driven below 500 mA. This is a direct diode that is also case positive, but because you can't put them in a pointer without isolating the diode the Blitz Linear driver was a good option as they don't need isolation.