Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Sharp 503nm Build!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi TinLethax, glad you like it; I'm looking forward to seeing your version when you get it built. :beer:
These hosts are still available at Kaidomain, and they are still only $15.67, and they make a nice, easy build that's pretty good looking! :yh:

Nice build! Thanks for sharing! Can you pls tell to me where to buy this host ?

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thanks Red! :beer:

Kaidomain has recently changed the layout of their site, and putting it politely, it now sucks!

thantung, if you have any trouble maneuvering around their site, here's the link to that particular host, it is the K1 diy host kit.

Thanks for the link. That was a beautiful build, Jeff, and it was well documented with your photos. That price for this flashlight host is very reasonable. :yh:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you chloderic, glad you liked it!

Thanks Paul, hopefully I'll also have my 488nm build posted before long, I just need to get some beam shots. :yh:

Last edited:

Benm

How much space does this host actually have for the driver and laser holder module?

I must’ve missed this one:drool:
What an awesome build! I swear... your builds coupled with the photos are very professional looking. Great job!
SGD:beer:

Reactions: GSS
Hi TinLethax, glad you like it; I'm looking forward to seeing your version when you get it built. :beer:
These hosts are still available at Kaidomain, and they are still only $15.67, and they make a nice, easy build that's pretty good looking! :yh:

Thanks again for the tip, i had a look at them ..... interesting.... i think i will try it there.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
How much space does this host actually have for the driver and laser holder module?

Hi Ben, sorry for the delayed response; the laser module itself is the standard DTR 12mm diameter copper/aluminum unit.
The aluminum heatsink that I made is 33.5mm long, and 20.2mm in diameter at the largest point (center), and approx. 18mm in diameter at both ends.

The host is 25mm in diameter.

IcJKPOM.jpg

Hey SGD, I'm glad you caught this the second time around, I'm really glad you like it, thanks for your kind comments! :yh:

Hi chloderic, if you decide to build with one of these, be sure and share your results with us.

Hi. BTG,
Wow nice build great looking host to top it off. I still like building mods they are timeless and fun. choice of diode outstanding buddy great pics to. I enjoy seeing your builds nice and clean and up front.
+REPS :gj:

Rich:)

Jeff, from the photo you posted today it looks like this diode might be a case positive one and you are using the Blitz Linear driver from SL. If that is the case I was wondering how easy it was to set the current on this driver as I always have to go slow setting one up. If not.......never mind. :)

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Paul, yes this is the "Sharp SB1573N91 diode" that I got from you, it was the one that you spectro'ed at @502.9nm.
The blitz-linear driver that I used this time (third driver), adjusted very easy; it was almost scary since I couldn't get the first two drivers to set no matter what. :yh:

Ah. I thought it might have been a diode I had measured, but there have been so many that it is hard to keep track. I have found that holding the wiper of the pot on the Blitz driver with a very small pair of dikes makes it easier to adjust, at least for me. I have done a half dozen or more now and this is how I adjust them all now. Glad yours turned out so well and you turned it into that very attractive laser.