Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Second Build 1W Big Host - 405nm Violet Laser

Hi Folks ,

This is my 2° build blu-violet laser 1W - 405nm - 1x26650 5000mAh :drool:

a9uuy0.jpg

15dt54w.jpg

1zxqwoz.jpg

35cq0ja.jpg

214v1ht.jpg

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Wow, two builds in two days, you must be on the 'one-a-day' plan; glad to see it turned out well! :D

One question though, what is that substance around the focus adapter/heatsink, it looks like a clear silicone/RTV sealer of some sort, kind of hard to tell? :thinking:

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Damn, two builds in two days, you must be on the 'one-a-day' plan; glad to see it turned out well! :D

One question though, what is that substance around the focus adapter/heatsink, it looks like a clear silicone/RTV sealer of some sort, kind of hard to tell? :thinking:
I'm curious too? It also looks like you have access to a lathe or are finding of the shelf parts for the focus knob / module?

BobMc

Two for two, nice job. Would be nice to see some pic of the build in process? Also, I'm starting to get beam shot withdrawals, any chance you can help me out? Heeee heee. :D

Last edited:
That substance around the module 22mm is simple hot glue shooting out at 220°C as a kind of sealant, because at the time I had nothing else on hand ! (in response to BowtieGuy) .

No GSS I do not use any lathe for metals , the form is the 22mm that sells the DTR , I was still 5 empty when Jordan sold them even with the cap that screws onto ....!

You are right BobMc the next job will be carried out shot after shot ,in order to have a clear vision of the together ! I am very pleased that you like what I do, even if they are at the beginning ..!

Last edited:
When did you pick up the 22mm module? I thought Jordan only had the v1 left. Love those 510 modules. There are 510 connection plates available on eBay up to 30mm diameter.

Last edited:
I bought those modules V2 ,now I can't remember exactly, but I think more than a year and a half ago ! I love them too ! pity that as of now, find a Aspire Cf mod battery has become difficult ! too many competitors !

I bought those modules V2 ,now I can't remember exactly, but I think more than a year and a half ago ! I love them too ! pity that as of now, find a Aspire Cf mod battery has become difficult ! too many competitors !

Idk if this is double posting but about the c.f. mod. The 10 second cutoff is well exactly that. I picked a new one up from eBay. Looks nice but I don't care for the cut off. I made a decent 510 side clicks host for my 510 modules if you search posts by me "XPL plug and play" a happy ending to my experience with that vendor. Its all legos with that connection. I'll add a pic in a minute.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

An idea to minimize the use of hot glue to take up space

Thread link. http://laserpointerforums.com/f72/xpl-310-plug-play-98887.html

Last edited:
If you are using hot glue to hold the module inside your heat sink, you are defeating the purpose of the heat sink. You need a set screw to hold the module against the heat sink to get adequate heat transfer. Otherwise, a fine build. Thanks for sharing it.

Last edited:
Nice build DDen :beer: I think that I will try to make something like this even I :) (then let me know how much I owe you for Copyright ):yh: p.s. i like your motorbike :)

You are right Paul, but unfortunately I started only now to try to build seriously , so I need to equip , cmq thanks for the advice I accept it gladly ! :beer:

Last edited:
Nice build DDen :beer: I think that I will try to make something like this even I :) (then let me know how much I owe you for Copyright ):yh: p.s. i like your motorbike :)

You are right Paul, but unfortunately I started only now to try to build seriously , so I need to equip , cmq thanks for the advice I accept it gladly ! :beer:

Someone else did that with a different heatsink. I just found a different size for my version. Lots of ideas shared on the forum. Make use of that search bar at the bottom and dig in. :wave:

Someone else did that with a different heatsink. I just found a different size for my version. Lots of ideas shared on the forum. Make use of that search bar at the bottom and dig in. :wave:

Unfortunately, I am penalized for certain aspects , in particular on the components of primary ! I live in Italy ...here there is nothing, nor laser driver nor the diode , or anything ! and our customs is very strict ! it is true that it happened to me only 1 time with my great friend the DTR ,but less evil that was only a payment for the clearing of the articles , and from that moment I have not purchased from DTR to not put him in trouble , I respect him too much and I don't want to creaegli a mess ! those laser 1W blue I took them on Amazon.it ,in fact, now there are more !