Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My roommate is an Idiot

Sorry just venting.

Let me explain that my roommate, who owes me money, just quit his job a week ago with out having another job in line to back him up. He applied at Family Video and they said that he had the job if he could pass their test...Well he failed their test. He said the test was like an SAT/ACT test. I don't believe him.

My roommate failed the...how smart are you test at a video rental store (Family Video) that he applied at. He is 25 years old....no offense to you guys who are young, but Teens who are 15 years old, work there and they had to take the test as well (Meaning they passed it)....how dumb is my roommate?

He wants me to try to get a Job for him where I work, but I am affraid that he will end up shooting his hand off or hurting someone else. (I work for a Gun manufacturer)

END RANT

Last edited:

Sorry... but I have no clue as to what you are trying to convey other
than your 25 year old roommate is an idiot....:yabbem:

Is this a coded message....:whistle:

Jerry

D

Deleted member 8382

Jerry
I can't neither understand it xD

Jerry

That's ok....I think you got the just of it. My roommate is an Idiot. He failed a simple test for a movie rental store called Family Video. He didn't get the job because he failed it.

sorry if it didn't make any since

I fixed my first post.....maybe it will make more since now.........

No, it's not coded, I was just typing out of anger......

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up... I thought it was me or something in my coffee...:yh:

Jerry

rkcstr

Haha, I know what you're goin through. A few years back when I was in college, I lived with my girlfriend and this other girl who was part of my group of friends. She not only was a total b*#ch to us most of the time, she was also was entirely stupid. There was no arguing with her because she couldn't understand simple logic, so there was no convincing her of our side of things. For example: she kept complaining that we took up too much cabinet space ("I only have this one, you guys have both of those!") and we tried to explain that it's fair since we split the rent three ways, and since each of us is paying a 1/3 of the rent, each gets a 1/3 of the space, hence more cabinet space for us "both"... she still didn't get it. And, there's plenty more examples just like that.

Similarly, she kept trying to apply for a job as an insurance agent, but kept failing the exam (2 or 3 times, I think). People I've talked to said they've passed it the first time and it wasn't that hard, haha.

Needless to say, I was glad when that was over with.

Last edited:
My room8 shined a 300mW Spartan in his own eye.

Needless to say, he's getting an pirate eye-patch for his bday next week!:)

When I was living in a dorm last year, I had this roommate who was bangin a different chick every 2nd-3rd night... Annoying as hell cause I can't even go in there half the time. Once I was playing with a blacklight and I could have sworn the place was painted with "biologicals"; anywhere from the kitchenette to my bed :( Luckily, I got a job driving trucks and I lived the rest of my year in the sleeper...

Jaseth

Damn there are some serious levels of stupid here..
I once had to live for a week with a group of people on a ski trip.. one was a guy who could not stop lying. He would make up the most ridiculous bullshit story and somehow convince himself that it had really happened and was sure that we would believe them too. One time it was "My cousin has a lamborghini and we went out driving 300mph on the motorway a week ago."
Now let me just break down how stupid he is and how badly he lies:
1) 300mph.. yeah right. It's a lamborghini not a rocket car.
2) Your cousin is 4 years old and your only one.
3) A week ago you were at school doing your final exams with a mate of mine.. just squeezed a 3 hour trip to the motorway in I guess?
4) He failed 6 out of 9 exams.
5) He continued to tell that story and at least 20 other EVEN more ridiculous ones in the course of that week, even though we explained carefully to him why it was not possible that he was telling the truth and ridiculed him every time.

I know exactly how you feel. I've had a few tenants in my day that gave me that exact scenario. I hope it works out..

Not to back your roommate or anything, but Family Video really does have a ridiculously hard test on their applications. The only reason I know this is because my wife used to be a manager there, and had mentioned that to me in the past. It's also the worlds worst place to be a manager. The hours are horrible, the pay is sort of OK, and the upper management are a bunch of pricks..

My room8 shined a 300mW Spartan in his own eye.

Needless to say, he's getting an pirate eye-patch for his bday next week!:)

Well its not all bad, now he can go to Somalia and well become a pirate, seems right on his intellectual level...Somalian pirates weeeee!

But seriously...da fack? :thinking: I am gonna go on a limb and assume it was your laser, did you not explain to him the inherent dangers of a class IIIb laser?

I've had some dumb roommates in my time, but you win.

I know exactly how you feel. I've had a few tenants in my day that gave me that exact scenario. I hope it works out..

Not to back your roommate or anything, but Family Video really does have a ridiculously hard test on their applications. The only reason I know this is because my wife used to be a manager there, and had mentioned that to me in the past. It's also the worlds worst place to be a manager. The hours are horrible, the pay is sort of OK, and the upper management are a bunch of pricks..

Interesting...I just found it really hard to believe that the test was actually challenging. hmmm