Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

My rock and gem collection

I just noticed the skulls :eek:

Same here :eek:

I see you've met Henry and Vuong.

Henry is probably of European ancestry. He was acquired from a college science department. He was most likely a direct donation as he is bleached and originally was equipped to have his skull cap removed for study and his jaw was "spring" wired to operate "normally."

Vuong is probably from Southeast Asia. He was acquired via a dealer in the UK. His history is a bit more murky, but was probably also from a medical school (etc.). His skull was also cleanly sawed. It is unclear whether the original seller or the dealer from whom I acquired him did the artificial "aging" of the skull.

Their ancestry is just a guess based on the bone structure. Sometimes they are the only ones willing to listen to me rant. I know that they are the only ones who I can guarantee will not repeat my confessions. :shhh:

Peace,
dave

COOL i have a good size group of my own. Here there is an old crystal mine (crystal peak) that was imploded, so now anybody can go and sift through the mounds of dirt there and find theyre own crystals FOR FREE!!! i love going there, its super easy to find them too!!!
-Dustin

cool.
is this what you use to dig?
32zq4i0.jpg

Geodes are what got me hooked ;)

office4.jpg

Peace,
dave

So you're a fisherman too huh... I might have to start a thread about that. I mainly fish off shore for shark and tuna, but I still chase the striper's and blues in the summer months.

I've seen a few others post pictures of their collections. So I decided to post mine too.

The geode halves in the lower left came from one I found in Alabama.

geodes are not native to Alabama :)

i live 15 miles from Morefield Gem Mine
(the best Amazonite mine in the world)

I have been 8 times even
Ive also been on the underground tour
Morefield Gem Mine

I was taking some other pics today and realized I forgot to take some pics on my nice piece of petrified wood. I bought this in WA state when I lived there.

Here's another pic I took of one of my geodes too.

Back