Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Review of the Spyder 3 Arctic

WickedLasers goggles are fine. I use them and they saved my vision multiple times from reflections. They aren't the best, but they get the job done saving your eye sight in the process.

Thanks, friend. I'd rather not have useless rumors spread around about perfectly good safety equipment. Although using safety equipment ≠ safety.

Not directed at you, MagnaMagicBtu:

Common sense = safety. Using goggles is part of common sense, but not the end all and be all of it. Everyone should use goggles to protect themselves, but they should also use their laser in such a way so as to wear them for the same reason one wears a life vest in a canoe. You shouldn't need it, but it's just good responsibility to wear it anyways.

nice review and pics. as you say the laser is over priced, but that is a cool host. glad to see you understand the concept of safe use of lasers.

Got one of these spyder III >2W aswell.

Doing >2500mW peak (shipped with NPS Panasonic cell)

Loving it... thus far..

Will do a review of it myself if time let's me :(

Thank you ''OP'' for the honost review so far, based on your own experience.

Price.. yes it's too much for what we are used too here... but i buy nike shoes aswell.

GjKodCc.jpg

Last edited:
I take mine with me everywhere; a laser isn't considered a weapon here unless it's used as such. I don't know why I'd need to bring it with me, but seeing as how it cannot be turned on without the tailcap and smartswitch code, the only way another person could get injured is if I told them how to use it, they ignored my safety instructions and turned it on whilst it was pointed at themselves, which wouldn't be my fault, having already told them what laser safety means. But I don't think it's a good idea to hand my Arctic off to anyone who doesn't already know that lasers are not toys, or flash lights, and that they're in fact very powerful tools.

Can someone tell me what Bypass mode is? Is it the same as full power/momentary mode? The WL video says there's a bypass mode, but it's not mentioned in my Arctic User Manual & Safety Guide that came with it.