Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My review of Laser 301

Sta

I don't know what type of driver is, but you probably shouldn't reuse it, just because these lasers are made with the /cheapest/ components possible - they are total junk!

I don't know what type of driver is, but you probably shouldn't reuse it, just because these lasers are made with the /cheapest/ components possible - they are total junk!

I have a green laser 301. It's okay but it's unstable. Just looking at the beam it will jump around in intensity from very bright to mediocre and then bright again. It is typical of what I would expect from a cheap 532 nm DPSS green laser. You get what you pay for.

USAbro

I have a green laser 301. It's okay but it's unstable. Just looking at the beam it will jump around in intensity from very bright to mediocre and then bright again. It is typical of what I would expect from a cheap 532 nm DPSS green laser. You get what you pay for.

Now that is an unstable laser!:tinfoil:

Sta

Now that is an unstable laser!:tinfoil:

Well, lack of credit where lack of credit's due :)
Greens as you probably know are usually pretty unstable. Even my fairly high quality green (~50mW) does fluctuate in power and mode in cold weather.

USAbro

^Agreed. Although I've owned several and you usually don't see the brightness change much. But cold weather, that can do it easily.

I have a couple of these that have stopped working. Anyone know what driver these are using (amps output also) and if they can be re-used?

If it's anything like the pens, it's a linear
driver running at around 500mA. They are
built to a price and close to the edge of
stability.