Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Rckstr is too big, need some professional help.

As some of you may know, my Rckstr V3 driver won't fit into my aixiz module, now, I'm getting a new diode soon, so maybe the second time arround I MAY be able to get it closer (although I don't see how it's possible) if I can't could anybody on here be willing to give a good go at it? I'd like somebody respected on here please.

Morgan

If you're in the UK or Europe then send it this way. This shouldn't be an issue for any experienced builder here.

M
:)

Make sure you have the diode completely pressed into the module. It should be recessed into the module a little bit when it is pressed in all the way. Bend the pins a little bit, only wide enough to let the driver bard sit flush against the module. bend the pins back down to the board and in the direction of the pads that they need to be soldered too. Solder and short the appropriate pins making sure the driver is parallel to the module so it won't hit the sides. If you get it on perfectly straight you probably don't need any tape to protect from shorts but if you think you'll get some metal on metal contact anywhere wrap it in heat shrink or electrical tape.

As long as you have the driver board pressed all the way up against the module it should fit.

Also, that barrel screw on part is not necessary, if you can't fit it over the driver just leave it off.

Kevlar

Why cant you fit a rkcstr into an aixiz module? Am I missing something here?

I HAD a PHR build with Rckstr V3 driver (blew the diode) and it fit tight but it fit.

DSCN1405.jpg

Make sure you have the diode completely pressed into the module. It should be recessed into the module a little bit when it is pressed in all the way... but if you think you'll get some metal on metal contact anywhere wrap it in heat shrink or electrical tape.

As long as you have the driver board pressed all the way up against the module it should fit.

Also, that barrel screw on part is not necessary, if you can't fit it over the driver just leave it off.

What I did was to stick the diode pins right in the holes of the driver and soldered perpendicular. Then bent the pins so the driver would fit in the module. I did use some electrical tape because it touched the sides. It worked for me but it might not be the best way to do it. :whistle:

But as Pontiacg5 said, as long as it's pushed up against the module it will fit.

Huh....I guess I DO need the driver touching the module, all right, next time arround I will try to get the module touching the driver, I have about a quarter inch between the module and the driver. I had such a hard time connectong the two, I just went for them connecting, I didn't know I needed to worry about them touching....Well, when I set up my LCC GGW, I will make sure that they touch =]

Make sure you have the diode completely pressed into the module. It should be recessed into the module a little bit when it is pressed in all the way. Bend the pins a little bit, only wide enough to let the driver bard sit flush against the module. bend the pins back down to the board and in the direction of the pads that they need to be soldered too. Solder and short the appropriate pins making sure the driver is parallel to the module so it won't hit the sides. If you get it on perfectly straight you probably don't need any tape to protect from shorts but if you think you'll get some metal on metal contact anywhere wrap it in heat shrink or electrical tape.

So, bend the pins into the holes in the Rckstr, then bend them down so that they 'hook' around through the holes and touch BOTH side of the Rckstr (all FOUR pads)? I will see what I can do, but with the pin layout on a GWW LCC...that might be a bit dificult.

Last edited: