Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new year artillery is on the way :)

Hi guys.

This time almost 40 kg of fireworks are on the way:

4" 5" and 6" shells are powered by my well collaudated r-candy granulated mix;
8" shells are powered by my custom hybrid hot BP/KP fuel;
6" and 8" shells use aluminum tubes, the other the classical cardboard tubes;
4" shells are the only one that will use granulated hot BP as break charge, the others uses coated rice hulls
(five layers of hot meal BP and last two layers of KP as boosting purpose).

This time I have prepared different effects:

Jason's golden glitters stars;
Winokur 39J silver glitters stars;
Yellow fading red stars;
Green fading yellow fading red stars with strobe as last effect;
Super kamuro fading golden glitters fading Shimizu II blue;
Dragon eggs only effect.

For the 8" shells I will use two layers of stars: the bigger external stars are yellow fading red, the smaller internal stars are Winokur 39J.

Every of the above shells will contain a generous amount of dragon eggs. I placed the small stars in all the available spaces between and around the stars.
This is an extra added value that does not steal space or bursting power.

And again:

9 shots handmade custom cake (8 different colours plus dragon eggs at the center):
Flash powder super salute 5" rocket (a massive 450 grams shell full of flash and rice hulls as final bang);
One 3" and two 4" bombs filled by flash powder and titanium only with time fuses instead normal fuses.
To maximize the bang I applied double amount of gummed tape for an extra confinement.
The fuse was hot glued, so the shell can be launched far away as a bomb in a field grass and even throwed in a river or lake, because this kind of fuse is waterproof and hermetically sealed.

There are also two expensive professional cakes: 49 shots caliber 50 and 200 shots caliber 25. The first is full of brilliant colours,
the second has a 3 minutes playing time and contains elegant silver and gold effects.
This cake can shoots in many different directions!

49276139367_1d9d402829_h.jpg

Finally, here in Italy I have found a company that produce extra quality shells like the japanese ones!
They uses virgin white pure paper pulp not pressed from recycled papers as usually.
Compared to the the ugly brown cheap chinese shells, these shells appears perfectly simmetric, without any kind of deformation,
whiter, smoother, thicker and stronger.
There are no imperfections on the surface, and they costs only few cents more compared to the chinese ones!
Here is some shots of the beautiful 4" and 5" shells:

49276646017_846ca53f8e_h.jpg

49276646082_a2be20064f_h.jpg

49276447336_636844951f_h.jpg

Have a good crackling happy new year !!!
tongue2.gif

Last edited:

WOW !!!! Just Freak'in WOW !!!! Happy New Year my friend !!! Be careful !!!...Your passion for Lasers WILL return....

For now....your passion is firmly planted in Firework's....their making and using !!! And...as typical....you are " ALL IN " !!!!!!!!!!! I am VERY impressed !!

Bob

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, Minamoto! 🎅 🥂

Thanks for sharing your new products with us, I can't wait to see them in action! 🎆🎆🎆

I must admit, I always feel an immense pleasure to see the inevitable comments by my friends Cdbeam777 and Bowtieguy. It's amazing how, everytime I post a new article, I immediately find your positive comments in a matter of minutes! Have you installed a sort of radar that scans the whole forum to instantly flush out every new comments of mine? :cool:

Every time I see a new post on your fireworks it is obvious you have improved over your last post. It looks like you may be headed toward doing this as a way to make extra money or, at least, to do it professionally as a way to show off your newfound abilities. Looking forward to some videos of these going off. (y)

Dear friends, this was the most sad and depressing new year of my life.
Everything was ready to have fun.
The car was filled by 50 kg of rockets and cakes, and of course, some tons of sweets and sparkling wines.
30 minutes before midnight ... my car died!
Engine trouble warning light on, message relating to a fault in the anti-pollution system on.
Nothing like this was happened in 37 years of driving in my life.
The lousy and evil fate chose to punish me just before celebrating the new year.
It have spent almost two months to prepare the fireworks, and two sleepless nights to finish everything in time.
I spent the celebrations alone like a stray dog, along the deserted street, while the others had fun.
If I wasn't 55 I would have put myself in a corner crying like a desperate child.
I posted the only short video that I managed to make: a professional caliber 50 cake lit on the roof of my house.
I couldn't light the rockets because too dangerous to launch them in the city.
I hope all of you have gone better than myself, my dear friends ...

https://www.youtube....h?v=qklVRmPs0Ms

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Sounds like a nightmare for sure, Minamoto. :eek:
Your 50 caliber display from your rooftop was impressive, I can't imagine how cool your complete display would have been.

It's nice to see you still stopping in from time to time to share your pyrotechnical creations with us, they're like laser beam pics, you can't have too many! 🎇 🎆 🎇

I have to agree with Jeff, BowtieGuy. Sorry about your car problems. They always seem to happen when you least expect it. I maintain my car as far as routine maintenance goes, but that never accounts for the unexpected. Loved the video.

If I light 50 kg of rockets now, far away from the festivities, surely I will capture the attention of the police. :rolleyes:
I think to light one/two rockets every week in different places ...
I will post the video of thr launches here, of course!