Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new "Truth about kipkay" video

Kipkay

spinout059 said:
Tell me what you think of this one!

You don't know me from Adam. If you want to make a poll, attack my video(s) but not me.

Happy New Year...

Don't know if you saw the comment I left back for you on metacafe, but incase you did not... I am not trying to call you a liar,it is just that lots of people have been complaining about diodes burning out in a minimag. I am new to these forums as well and seemed like there was a mixed opinion on you here so I was just seeing what the standings were.

And btw, good to have you here kipkay! :)
Welcome to the forums! :)

Kipkay said:
[quote author=spinout059 link=1198888104/0#0 date=1198888103]

Tell me what you think of this one!

You don't know me from Adam. If you want to make a poll, attack my video(s) but not me.

Happy New Year...
[/quote]

I did NOT mean my post like that, I meant what do you think of the video. I am NOT TRYING TO ATTACK YOU. I love your videos and your efforts to spread knowledge of tecnowledgy through video, I think that is great! I am greatly sorry if I have offended you kipkay, just trying to save some diodes.... I myself have burnt out three in a minimag, that is in no way your fault but rather my own stupidity...

Happy new year kipkay! I am sorry if I caused you any greif or discomfort by my actions and if there is anything I can do, please PM or email me and let me know. I am willing to revoke my video and change some things in it or even close the poll if it is offensive to you. (Just modified the poll)

Once again, happy new year!

Glad to see you here, KipKay. Truth of the matter is that your videos have brought more people into the hobby of lasers than most people ever will. Congrats on that. Please don't be offended by those here that constantly pick holes in everything. After having dealt with the number of scammers, liars, and cheats out there, many of the folk here have grown touchy on even the chance that something will go wrong. Granted, this is no excuse to attack you for your efforts. While I do agree that there should have been more of a warning regarding the risk to the laser diode as shown in your video, I do also see your design of simplicity as being a great way to bring new people into having fun with lasers. I am also sorry that this whole thing has provided you a less than positive welcome to the forums. To that, I again say Welcome, and please know that no matter how it might have seemed, we're not trying to do you harm.

GreyFox said:
Glad to see you here, KipKay. Truth of the matter is that your videos have brought more people into the hobby of lasers than most people ever will. Congrats on that. Please don't be offended by those here that constantly pick holes in everything. After having dealt with the number of scammers, liars, and cheats out there, many of the folk here have grown touchy on even the chance that something will go wrong. Granted, this is no excuse to attack you for your efforts. While I do agree that there should have been more of a warning regarding the risk to the laser diode as shown in your video, I do also see your design of simplicity as being a great way to bring new people into having fun with lasers. I am also sorry that this whole thing has provided you a less than positive welcome to the forums. To that, I again say Welcome, and please know that no matter how it might have seemed, we're not trying to do you harm.

Thank you for that GreyFox, that is exactly what I was trying to say!

Things

I have nothing against you KipKay, infact i love some of your video's! The only thing wrong is people go and hook diodes straight to batteries! I know it worked for you, but all diodes are different, you might have got a higher power rating one for all we know. I now see that you do reccommend using a driver circuit,good. If people kill their diode, they could come to you complaining.

All your videos are awsome, i jus think you shoulda made 2 sections for the laser one and just put a beginner and advanced one. I also like that little film can with a sparker from a lighter in it, that is fun especialy using hairspray that seems to be more flamable :D

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

And now that I actually have a method of asking you... What do you use to edit your videos? And what video camera do you use?

Switch

I think I recall someone posting on instrucables(or metacafe, can't really remember) that his videos are so professionaly made, it's insane :D

It's great that only his laser video brought so many ppl to the laser hobby.He probably made about 80-90 thousand dollars from his metacafe videos alone.

If you really want someone to pick on , take on that householdhacker guy on youtube, some of his videos even got featured, and they're all CRAP....bull that doesn't work...heck, it's too stupid to even try.....cellphone signal receiver from a CIR TV remote control....riiiiight ::)

Switch

Oh, btw how can you guys be sure that this kipkay account is really him?Maybe it's just someone pulling your leg.I for one, if I would be getting as much attention as he does I wouldn't really care and bother to take the time and register to forums just to reply to stuff like this........

Don't want to say that it's impossible, but if you wanna proove it you could post a picture of you holding a piece of paper saying something like "yea , it's really me" or something....

Kipkay

spinout059 said:
Don't know if you saw the comment I left back for you on metacafe, but incase you did not... I am not trying to call you a liar,it is just that lots of people have been complaining about diodes burning out in a minimag. I am new to these forums as well and seemed like there was a mixed opinion on you here so I was just seeing what the standings were.

And btw, good to have you here kipkay!  :)
Welcome to the forums! :)

Okay...no problem. I would be careful how you word things in the future. Remember the video is 5 months old now and is kinda old news. Take care and thanks for the welcome.

Kipkay

No it's really me. I appreciate all the comments and I know the video caused a bit of controversy. Even the International Laser Display Association put out a Safety Warning about. I felt honored. ;D

I like to followup on comments on my videos and Instructables and never delete comments unless they are spam or profane. It's all good and I enjoy trying new and crazy things.

Happy New Year!

Kipkay

spinout059 said:
And now that I actually have a method of asking you... What do you use to edit your videos? And what video camera do you use?

I use the Adobe Production Suite and either a SONY VX2000 or a SONY PDX-10. Whichever is handy.

Kipkay said:
No it's really me. I appreciate all the comments and I know the video caused a bit of controversy. Even the International Laser Display Association put out a Safety Warning about. I felt honored.  ;D

I like to followup on comments on my videos and Instructables and never delete comments unless they are spam or profane. It's all good and I enjoy trying new and crazy things.

Happy New Year!

Ha I saw that. I beleive it was mainly about danger to aircraft?