Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new toy

I went down one gas laser this week, not acceptable...
So I got this.

IMG_20111216_125350.jpg

Not your average CO2 tube. Well, it sort of is but it's still awesome! The best part is what it's attached to...

IMG_20111216_125614.jpg

It's a 1200x900 CNC laser cutter, and it's a lot of fun. Now I just need ideas for cool things to cut. Anyone have any ideas?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...

IMG_20111216_125559.jpg

Beamshots :D

Very Sweet!Congratulations!! :beer:
Did you make the rig around the tube or was it a all in one purchase? That is definitely one of the the gas giants on my list!

jimdt7

Nice laser you got there !
What things can this monster cut :eg:

Jim

Nice!!!! :drool:

We had an argon (?? I think) cnc cutting laser at the fab company I used to work at years ago (before they closed and I was laid off)
It's amazing what a beam of light can cut through. :eek:

Last edited:
Very Sweet!Congratulations!! :beer:
Did you make the rig around the tube or was it a all in one purchase? That is definitely one of the the gas giants on my list!

It was an all in one purchase, all I had to do was align the lasers which was a little harder than I thought it would be.

I got some stuff I need cut, if you're offering ;-)

If I can get the material and if it'll fit I'll cut some stuff for ya.

Nice laser you got there !
What things can this monster cut :eg:
Jim

So far, only wood and plastic. I hope to try force feeding oxygen and really high pressures to cut thin steel. So far I haven't found anything it can't engrave or mark.

Power output, as well?

This one is 80W, with a peak of 92W. After this tube eventually dies I'll be going to a 150W tube :D

Nice!!!! :drool:

We had an argon (?? I think) cnc cutting laser at the fab company I used to work at years ago (before they closed and I was laid off)
It's amazing what a beam of light can cut through. :eek:

It's really different seeing a laser cut compared to a mill or lathe. The laser just glides through, easy as butter. You can usually hear a lathe or mill making a cut, at least you can if your doing it right :whistle:

cut me some ham slices

I hadn't thought of cutting meat yet, that would probably stink like crazy! Acrylic is bad enough as it is!!