Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new magnets!

travislikescoolstuff said:
can you imagen how cool this would be!  

magnetfull42.jpg

you can get it here for only $325,  ;D

http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

can you say instant death if you put one oof these on one side of your chest and another on the other side!
just think, you could carry it into bestbuy and run around and cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in like 1 minute,  ;D
not saying that i'd ever do it but...

That would be a pretty scary thing to have! The mother of all fridge magnets - NOT! Well, I could put that on my fridge and it would sure keep my roommate's friend from sneaking in at night and eating all my food! But then I don't think I'd be able to open the fridge either! ;D

Schrecken_Licht said:
[quote author=travislikescoolstuff link=1227396478/0#7 date=1227409260]can you imagen how cool this would be!  

magnetfull42.jpg

you can get it here for only $325,  ;D

http://www.unitednuclear.com/magnets.htm

can you say instant death if you put one oof these on one side of your chest and another on the other side!
just think, you could carry it into bestbuy and run around and cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in like 1 minute,  ;D
not saying that i'd ever do it but...

That would be a pretty scary thing to have! The mother of all fridge magnets - NOT! Well, I could put that on my fridge and it would sure keep my roommate's friend from sneaking in at night and eating all my food!  But then I don't think I'd be able to open the fridge either! ;D
[/quote]
Lol! Imagine carrying that thing in your pocket... Tiny metal shards will fly up from the ground, and if you get close to any large metal object, then you'll get a nice big hole in your pants!

styropyro said:
[quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1227396478/0#6 date=1227405542][quote author=styropyro link=1227396478/0#5 date=1227403077][quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1227396478/0#2 date=1227398454][quote author=jamilm9 link=1227396478/0#1 date=1227398227]a classmate put a grape in the microwave with my instructions ;) in the cafeteria.
What happens ::)[/quote]
You have not lived a complete life if you have not witnessed the grape in the microwave trick, look up instructions and videos of it so you can try it out. ;D

BTW, those magnets are pretty cool, I have a cube of those small ones laying around somewhere, I also have 10 of the 1/2" cubes which are fun too.[/quote]
Hmm, I just saw a video of the grapes in a microwave, and in my opinion, it's not nearly as amazing as the bag of chips. With the bag of chips, visible electricity surrounds it, and it makes a buzzing sound. It's so cool :cool:[/quote]
I forgot to mention, you have to wait till you get a "good" grape. Most of them just shoot an inch or two plasma out of them and buzz a little bit, but the rare good ones shoot out a big ball of plasma that floats up to the top of the microwave for a couple of seconds, it looks like a miniature atomic bomb. [/quote]

Reminds me of the time I put a pencil lead in a microwave...Scared me half to death. :eek: Don't think it works with the mechanical pencil lead though... And probably not good for the magnetron either. :-/

Also, check out this mechanical maglev. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glCNP6qH_Dc

--hydro15

diachi

travislikescoolstuff said:
pennies are not magnetic ;)

The ones that use a cupro-nickel alloy are magnetic, as nickel is magnetic :)

Pennies don't usually have pure copper anymore, they used to though.

-Adam

hydrogenman15 said:
[quote author=styropyro link=1227396478/0#8 date=1227409854][quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1227396478/0#6 date=1227405542][quote author=styropyro link=1227396478/0#5 date=1227403077][quote author=Jimmymcjimthejim link=1227396478/0#2 date=1227398454][quote author=jamilm9 link=1227396478/0#1 date=1227398227]a classmate put a grape in the microwave with my instructions ;) in the cafeteria.
What happens ::)[/quote]
You have not lived a complete life if you have not witnessed the grape in the microwave trick, look up instructions and videos of it so you can try it out. ;D

BTW, those magnets are pretty cool, I have a cube of those small ones laying around somewhere, I also have 10 of the 1/2" cubes which are fun too.[/quote]
Hmm, I just saw a video of the grapes in a microwave, and in my opinion, it's not nearly as amazing as the bag of chips. With the bag of chips, visible electricity surrounds it, and it makes a buzzing sound. It's so cool :cool:[/quote]
I forgot to mention, you have to wait till you get a "good" grape. Most of them just shoot an inch or two plasma out of them and buzz a little bit, but the rare good ones shoot out a big ball of plasma that floats up to the top of the microwave for a couple of seconds, it looks like a miniature atomic bomb. [/quote]

Reminds me of the time I put a pencil lead in a microwave...Scared me half to death. :eek: Don't think it works with the mechanical pencil lead though... And probably not good for the magnetron either. :-/

Also, check out this mechanical maglev. --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glCNP6qH_Dc

--hydro15[/quote]
Haha, reminds me when I was 10 and I put this "color-changing" pencil in my microwave with my friend to try to get it to change colors, and it exploded. ::)

BTW, sweet video, the guy should have used a more level surface though. ;D

Xplorer877 said:
Here's my collection. :cool:
Nice collection!
I see that you take good care of your magnets, all of my magnets (especially my smaller ones) have lots of chips in them.
How big is that sphere?  ;)

sad_sagi said:
at first i was like, wow thats some clean knitting ;D
kudos to the camera o.0
Yeah, I knew that the picture looked a little suspicious ::)

Razako

My magnets from unitednuclear
I have one 1-1/2" Sphere
bigball2.jpg

and two of these 100 lb pull magnets.
fatrod.jpg