Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my new hene 633nm

Hey guys,

i finally decided to buy a gas laser. I just won and paid for a 1mw 633nm on ebay. it is a JDS Uniphase 1108P. it does not have a power supply so i am actively seeking one.
I paid 86usd for this laser. i don't know if it is a good price but if it comes in an works i will definitely be happy with this purchase.

IMG_0240%5B1%5D-752517.jpg

IMG_0239%5B1%5D-744788.jpg

daguin

ALWAYS talk to me before you buy :whistle:

I probably have a PSU that will power this at home. I'll check later today.

Peace,
dave

ALWAYS talk to me before you buy :whistle:

I probably have a PSU that will power this at home. I'll check later today.

Peace,
dave

i wanted to but this auction happened so quickly. i caught it late last night. and i bug you too much already lol... i take it from your whistly face that i probably paid too much. but yes please check if you have a psu i could buy from you and i will come over after work this week. and also finally settle up on that loc :p when i paid for the unit an i got an estimated arrival of aprill 22.

michael.

daguin

i wanted to but this auction happened so quickly. i caught it late last night. and i bug you too much already lol... i take it from your whistly face that i probably paid too much. but yes please check if you have a psu i could buy from you and i will come over after work this week. and also finally settle up on that loc :p when i paid for the unit an i got an estimated arrival of aprill 22.

michael.

I have a 115V (1450V; 5mA out), brick-type PSU that will work for this - $20 (picked up)

Peace,
dave

One of the many cool things about being a member of LPF is illistrated in this thread.
Dave and many other Vets can give FB on eekBay items that can make the diff between a deal , a steal , and money not well spent.

It may not be in any of our rules etc. But out of mutual respect MOST here will not bid against you, if you were the one who first posted a 'find' and note that your are planning to bid.
Of course if you were already bidding that would be different. May the best man win- however posting that you too,have already been looking at that item would be a nice way to handle that. If you see a' EekBay find' thread and no one posts that they are bidding - please post your interest, but only if you are serious about bidding/winning that item.

So if you post a find it is important to note that you re bidding(or will be) or it is fair game. Personally once I see that another member is bidding I consider that they have 'Dibbs', and I feel it would be rude to go against them.

Also letting us all know that you won- what you paid and how you like the item once received would be nice too.
On this item IMO you paid a little too much- but I hope it works great and dont be surprized if it outputs more than 1 mW- You can find more about this tube at Sams, including the PS requirements and the typical output.

so post your finds- share the info and remember 'what goes around comes around'. If you dont have mutual respect for other members do not expect it in return.

good to see you getting gassy Chip. no batts -no duty/rest cycle- no noise- very little heat- super divergance and you will love that nm.
hope this post has been helpful--if so please show your appreciation by donating every month to keep LPF running. TY hak

i'll take it dave. i will send you a text later to schedule a day.

@hak, i will take your advice in the future. makes sense. BUT... i have been raised around auctions my entire life and see how people get when there is something they want, so i am always a little cautious.

michael.

I would consider that to be a high price as a hobbyist. That said, it's a fraction of what they cost new, and less than I paid for my first HeNe ~20 years ago for a much nicer laser. I've bought a number of HeNe lasers on ebay for $10-$30, you just have to watch for a while.

^^^^ me too- thats why when i see no members bidding against me I get that warm fuzzy family feeling. There will always be the 'ME FIRST/Screw You')types but I like to think most of us are better people than that.

+rep to both of 'yozz guys'

hak

well, i am in the gas club a little soon thanks to dave. i went to his house last night to get my power supply and he showed me a new 10mw tube and power supply that i ended up buying from him. i istill need a ballast resistor. so when i get it hooked up and my laserbee LPM comes in i will post some pix.

michael.