Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new blue (strobes no more)

daguin

Re: My new blue (strobes)

The slow "blink" like that (as opposed to rapid pulsing) is definitely the thermal protection, on the driver, kicking in

Let's hope the new batteries will help

If not, you know that I will make it right

I did not heat sink the driver because this is only set to output 600mW

There is very little room in an IgorT pill/module, but we can get "some"
heat sinking on the component that might need it

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

The slow "blink" like that (as opposed to rapid pulsing) is definitely the thermal protection, on the driver, kicking in

Let's hope the new batteries will help

If not, you know that I will make it right

I did not heat sink the driver because this is only set to output 600mW

There is very little room in an IgorT pill/module, but we can get "some"
heat sinking on the component that might need it

Peace,
dave

Dave there is No Need to heatsink it for 600mW. The driver is fine.

The Problem is his Batteries are Old and Probably drain Very Quickly. With Boost drivers the Less voltage input you have the Harder the driver will try to boost.

For Example My Boost Drive on a fresh 4.2v cell at 1.8A will Pull Around ~2.5A at the Tail.

When the Cell though gets down to 3.6v It will still maintain the 1.8A However it now needs to pull IIRC ~3.3-3.5A which makes the driver heat up much faster then before.

Now take that Example and apply that to this problem and that is his Problem.

Once he gets New and Better Quality cells it should have no problem within the duty cycle.:)

:beer:

Last edited:

Just to let everyone know. The new batteries from Lighthound arrived yesterday and are working great. The host starts heating up after about 2 min or so. First laser that I could actually feel heat in the host. Probably will keep to about a 90 seconds to 2 minute duty cycle on this. Beautiful light coming from this and absolutely amazing how much light it has. :drool:

Again, thanks to all who responded and for all your help. An especially big thanks goes to Dave:thanks: for the work he did for me.

Clayton