Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new 750mW Argon ION laser! :)

Never take wavelength as an automatic reason for better burning at similar powers. Shorter wavelengths are not more powerful. 200mw of blue burns just as well as 200mw of green assuming the target will absorb each wavelength evenly. In this case, I would guess that the smaller beam diameter, and better beam quality are the main factors to better burning. But who has a green diode laser? Seriously who? Are you sure its not your typical DPSS?

mhm... the beam is thinner then my DPSS lasers.. and yeah... its DPSS :) I just call them diodes :)

Ah well then that would be the reason! :)

DPSS systems are very different from diodes, so we just don't want to start any confusion around here. Some people may get lead on.

Any luck with that front mirror? Or are you going to leave it alone?

Ah well then that would be the reason! :)

DPSS systems are very different from diodes, so we just don't want to start any confusion around here. Some people may get lead on.

Any luck with that front mirror? Or are you going to leave it alone?

I don't think that I can leave it alone, have to optimize it. I can see on the beam that its not a 100% clear dot, guess that's due to the front mirror. Need some longer torx to get to the front mirror adjustments. have to buy it on Monday :)

I'm not sure about the Laser Power reading, on my voltmeter it says 13,8volts witch is 138mW (0.1mW scale) or 278mW (0.2mW scale) I know that there is two different scales (or more) to avoid high voltage on the monitor terminals on the laser.

Very nice find :)

This laser delivers more power than a normal ALC-60X. The tube is much longer, so it has a higher voltage drop across the tube, this means more power, even at the same current levels.

In another laserforum there is also an ILT6500 posted, with an output power of 260mW multiline argon. The unit looks like yours. Take a look at this (german):

www.LaserFreak.net • Thema anzeigen - ILT 6500 Problem, fehlende Fernbedienung [gelöst]

Greets argon

My laser has exactly the same colours as the one on this image:
file.php

LSRFAQ

it looks like some kind of weak noise around the laser dot. Like some thing is offset.

Something is very wrong here, that is not the way a normal ILC high reflector optic looks, and that does not appear to be the 7.6 mm mirror that ILT normally used. It appears to me that someone removed the ILT prism mount and glued on a high reflector mirror from another laser to obtain all lines operation.

ILT HRs are normally mounted on the INSIDE of the rear adjustment plate.

Keep the current down! Considering how ILTs adjustment system works, and it is MUCH different from the 60X/omni 532 described in Sam's FAQ (I know, I wrote most of the ion chapter) I would think twice of adjusting the front mirror, as on many lasers ILT used both fine and course adjustments. The fine adjustments are often inside and designed to be done on a factory fixture with proper cooling.. ILT , other then tuning the wavelength, was often NOT set up for user adjustments...

Steve

Last edited:
Something is very wrong here, that is not the way a normal ILC high reflector optic looks, and that does not appear to be the 7.6 mm mirror that ILT normally used. It appears to me that someone removed the ILT prism mount and glued on a high reflector mirror from another laser to obtain all lines operation.

ILT HRs are normally mounted on the INSIDE of the rear adjustment plate.

Keep the current down! Considering how ILTs adjustment system works, and it is MUCH different from the 60X/omni 532 described in Sam's FAQ (I know, I wrote most of the ion chapter) I would think twice of adjusting the front mirror, as on many lasers ILT used both fine and course adjustments. The fine adjustments are often inside and designed to be done on a factory fixture with proper cooling.. ILT , other then tuning the wavelength, was often NOT set up for user adjustments...

Steve

The picture is not of mine laser :) thats from another german forum...

okay, will stay away from the front mirror... the adjustments are not inside, but they are raised 5mm inside the head in some small holes.

doen anybody have the manuals for this laser model (or similar)?