Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My New 6X Build - SF-AW210 - Not What I Expected

drlava

Nice work. You did everything right, from what I can tell. The resolution of my plot of that diode is at 5mA or 2.5mA, so it's fine enough to show kinks. That test diode didn't have the kink at 180mA. Plots shouldn't jump around like you see in the posted plot, they should be perfectly linear up until the kink.

Soldering hint: I also use rosin core solder, but use a low temperature on your iron (500F or less) if possible, melt some solder onto the tip, then blow on it for a few seconds to oxidize extra flux away from the outer edge of the solder ball. This will prevent flux pooling and the cooler solder will draw trails across the components to form a bridge. This is how I make the wireless solder bridges on all the preset drivers. If you need to make a brige across gold pads, make a solder dot on each gold pad first, then draw a bridge across them. In this case also, too much flux is detrimental.

Thanks for the tip Lava. I was worried for a moment that I might have ruined it but it worked out ok in the end. :)

-Tony

hi Xplorrer, is it possible to get a pic of you 20mW magenta in action... I'm just interested.
thank you in advanced