Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My LPM build *so far*

Hey guys! ill try and update this as i work on it!
to start, here is my crappy soldering on the board itself. board by Jufran88.
IMG_1245_zpsfcc2d2f2.jpg

IMG_1246_zpscea3c881.jpg

as you can see, surface mount resistors actually are my strong point surprisingly. still need the 5k pot. ordering it soon. when i order that it'll come with an 8x8 TEC, a heatsink, and a voltmeter. but thats basically my progress. what are your guys thoughts?

ARG

Good choice :) Most of the smaller TEC's have a low voltage (0.9V-2V) and the 1k resistor and 10k pot combo can't amplify the signal enough for those.

3.75V should work great.

P.S. The isis data logging will work with these, it's under $20 to DIY. :D

Last edited:
i just went off of suggestions from the original maker of these. ill check into the isis. im pming you :beer: also its not just a 10k pot, there is also a 5k pot thats hasnt been installed yet

ARG

The 5k pot is for zeroing in that schematic IIRC, the 10k pot sets the gain of the amplifier. :)

Try to reflow those solder joints, they are probably only sufficient to hold the components on the board and will likely result in intermittent operation. Maybe buy a soldering practice kit before you attempt an LPM?

Good soldering technique is essential to avoid troubleshooting headaches down the road, it's a good skill to master. It looks like most of the pins on the op-amp have not flowed and made contact with the PCB pads.

It is all good. Had an electrician friend check it out an he said its fine. Thanks for the tips though :)