Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My life is over

OK OK OK !!!!! Im getting sucked in..

I bought a 10 pack of AxiZ blanks and im gonna buy a 3 pack of drivers.. I HAVE GONE DIY! ! !

Crunk1k.png

Ace82

keeperx said:
OK OK OK !!!!! Im getting sucked in..

I bought a 10 pack of AxiZ blanks and im gonna buy a 3 pack of drivers.. I HAVE GONE DIY! ! !

Uh, ok, don't know why that makes your life over. Now all you need is 7 more drivers, and 10 diodes, then 10 hosts with appropriate batteries. Maybe you should have started with only 1 or 2 so your life wouldn't be over. BTW, please don't take advantage of this awesome forum, and be more respectful, as I have no clue what benefit you think your getting from starting a thread like this. Not very common sense, don't know your ready for lasers over 5mW yet. Please be careful when using lasers, and don't be stupid and shine them at people, aircrafts, vehicles, homes, buildings, and reflective surfaces without appropriate safety glasses.

When your project(s) are in progress, you might think about taking pictures as you go along so you could share something with everybody and have a valid reason for starting a thread. ;)Just my thoughts - Peace Ace.

Sorry ace but from what I've seen, when you get a sense of superiority over other members you tend to act a little dickish.

~Potential Flam War-Breaking Post~

And to the OP, why 10 modules and 3 drivers?

My guess is a price break on the modules at 10 qty.

And he means his SOCIAL life is over :p. It's not till you start messing with the high voltage of DIY gas laser PSUs that your life truly ends :eek:

tatman

Agree: social life over.And if your finances get out of control your family will have to do an intervention.Sadly I have no one and so am left alone to wallow in my laser addiction.

Switch

john_lawson said:
You sure have lots of posts consisting of only that one emoticon ::)

Anyway, I don't think there should be a "ready level" that you have to work your way to in order to be able to use a laser of a certain power.As long as you understand and know about the dangers and precautions that need to be take when operating any kind of potentially hazardous equipment , you might aswell get a multiwatt CO[sub]2[/sub] laser as your first. :p

el-taco said:
~Potential Flam War-Breaking Post~
Nah... he is an obvious chode, not worth my time.. met to many cool people here to worry about it..

artix

Switch said:
[quote author=john_lawson link=1214231061/0#8 date=1214302220] :-X
You sure have lots of posts consisting of only that one emoticon ::)

Anyway, I don't think there should be a "ready level" that you have to work your way to in order to be able to use a laser of a certain power.As long as you understand and know about the dangers and precautions that need to be take when operating any kind of potentially hazardous equipment , you might aswell get a multiwatt CO[sub]2[/sub] laser as your first. :p[/quote]

But what if you are a responsible person who doesn't post very often, has done all of his research about the dangers of lasers and knows how to properly use a high powered laser?

...just wondering...  ::)

Oh dang....I have never developed a taste for that stuff :( You see it in EVERY restaurant here in San Antonio, too !

I took the starter of the post as empathizing with our "wild hair" hobby. That he is now one of us. Once he gets a good handheld he'll see what beauty and fun can be had from simple coherent light and not look at it as eccentric. -Dr. $.02

no.. it will always be eccentric, but thats OK, i need a little eccentricity in my life