Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my laser doesent quite work right

I recently purchased all the materials to make my first blue laser. I've diy'd several greens but here is the problem I get it all put together with a full battery and I was surprised. I was getting mW's not like 750 or even 200 I'm talking less than 200maybe even less than 50. My light was out shining it. here are the specs

diode: 1 5 2W 445 Blue Laser Diode in Module w Leads | eBay

the host is a survival laser S4
the lens is a survival laser 445 AR
the driver is a survival laser 1.25A driver
the battery is 1 protected 18650
right now I am charging my other 18650 to see if increasing the voltage will help. I wanted to under drive this diode a bit to make it last longer but as of now it can't even outshine a store bought red pointer. I'm thinking about getting a drive that outputs more current. Any thoughts?

Did you short the leads of your driver prior to soldering them to the diode? Sounds to me like an LED laser diode.

Did you short the leads of your driver prior to soldering them to the diode? Sounds to me like an LED laser diode.

yes, I did that. It's a m140 diode I think I found a problem I was in a rush when I made it and I seemed to have soldered the case pin directly to the ground on the driver. I'll fix it when I get home on Sunday.

You need 2 batteries bro with that driver. Try 2 18350's. You will see the light!

DTR

Yep your driver is out of regulation. You probably are only getting a faint light out of the diode. You need to switch two two Li-ions in series or switch to a boost driver to continue to use an 18650.:beer: