Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Goggles from Jetlasers Melted

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
For the sake of your safety I sacrificed the edge of a cheap pair of goggles for you.
Do not use your goggles, get some new ones.

I used a 4W+ 465nm. I did it long enough to make a mark similar to yours, but didn't allow it time to burn through.

IMG_5274%20edit.jpg
IMG_5275%20edit.jpg

Then I shone a simple ~50mW 532nm through them and took a picture from the wearers side.
Through the unaffected part of the goggles:

IMG_5272%20edit.jpg

And now where the damage has occurred:

IMG_5273%20edit.jpg

The dot was noticeably brighter in person and the diffusion was much higher as seen in the picture.

Now imagine this right where your field of view is.

Last edited:

iAurora

Thanks a lot, Curtis.
I also own a cheap goggle like you posted in the pics, i will probably use it for a while.

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
You’re welcome. Be careful using the cheap pair as well as they aren’t the best. I would definitely recommend getting another pair of decent goggles still.

RhTc8pk.png

DCtMWLg.png

It's like if you were to ask "Hey guys, I wanted to test this pair of shop safety classes. So I gouged at them with my angle grinder. There's a big gash taken out of the front. Can I still use them?"

I mean, you could, but your safety is reduced.

I am a bit afraid to ask what you will be testing next??
foolish move... You lack 'safety sense' it is a little voice inside our heads that says...' dont DO that.'

.you could place a tiny bit of black tape and cover just the spot. (or a drop of black E6000..OK to use until you buy new.. you know cheapies are about 3-4 $usd on FeeBay China.
but no brand name, no OD, no nm range coverage..you got some great advice-- read and heed. hakXXXXXXXXXX______________
btw Curtis..the screw holding your right side earpiece is about to fall out

Last edited:
haa ha
here is a quote from newguy BobDias
just above his sig...
''Laser Safety Glasses are an intelligence test. Stupid people who don't use them flunk the test and go blind. ;) "

ouch !
- I say no more..

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
lol, cool signature quote. Don’t worry Len, release your inner Monk. :D

DR. said 'use the cart in stores'.. especially if you are already going to do some walking.

I see a lot stock out of place.. sometimes its meat in the dairy case or next to the peanut butter.
I used to give it to the meat people but I know they either take it home or throw it out..(if it is cold I put it back)
I report 'clean=up in Aisle 4' to any employee.. some people are really pigs. I see stashes of leftovers and food containers..gasless whip cream cans!!(HEHEHAHA) candy wrappers too. we ALL pay for that..