Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my ghetto laser saber

Just so you know; As mercury is released from your amalgam fillings, it tends to react with your body chemicals and bacteria to form various toxic mercurials. By far the most dangerous is methylmercury, which can be formed by several different mechanisms and incorporated into your body. Once incorporated, this methylmercury has adverse effects on neurological, cardiac, vascular, digestive, endocrine and other tissues.

Virtually everyone reacts to the presence of mercury.
This universal reaction, however, is not easily seen in all people who have mercury-silver fillings. Only some people react strongly enough to require medical help. Unfortunately, this medical help is usually unsuccessful as long as mercury remains in the body.

Wesdaman14 said:
[quote author=Maven link=1218147165/0#15 date=1218245891]it would absorb in through your skin into your body
and then what happens ? [/quote]

I think most hazards are born with long term exposure, contact with small amounts momentarily are not likely to
effect you.

Effect could happens later .

Fluorescent lamps contain mercury which is released when bulbs are broken. Mercury in bulbs is typically present as either elemental mercury liquid, vapor or both since the liquid evaporates at ambient temperature.[47] When broken indoors, bulbs may emit sufficient mercury vapor to present health concerns. Breakage of multiple bulbs presents a more significant concern. A 1987 report described a 23-month-old toddler who suffered anorexia, weight loss, irritability, profuse sweating, and peeling and redness of fingers and toes. This case of acrodynia was traced to exposure of mercury from a carton of 8-foot fluorescent light bulbs that had broken in a potting shed adjacent to the main nursery. The glass was cleaned up and discarded, but the child often used the area for play.[48][22]
thats what u want!

i broke it out side in my back yard. i discard the glass in the woods behind my house

Wesdaman14 said:
i broke it out side in my back yard. i discard the glass in the woods behind my house

Oh dude... discard the glass outside? You should package up the glass in layers of newspaper and dispose of it properly in a bin.

Murudai said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1218147165/20#22 date=1218249258]i broke it out side in my back yard. i discard the glass in the woods behind my house

Oh dude... discard the glass outside? You should package up the glass in layers of newspaper and dispose of it properly in a bin. [/quote]
shoot knowing that the broken parts have mercury im not going back in the woods and getting it.

Poor animals... having mercury poured in to their environment, messing it up... and sharp glass shards strewn through it...

You are an entity of pure fail Wes.

If youre going to act like this toward hazardous waste, tbh I dont really want to see you with a laser.

u wont never see me with a laser. nobody around me has lasers. im considered a nerd since i m the only one who has lasers.

Wesdaman14 said:
u wont never see me with a laser. nobody around me has lasers. im considered a nerd since i m the only one who  has lasers.

Good for you.

Not too good for all the dead animals in the woods near you.