Just so you know; As mercury is released from your amalgam fillings, it tends to react with your body chemicals and bacteria to form various toxic mercurials. By far the most dangerous is methylmercury, which can be formed by several different mechanisms and incorporated into your body. Once incorporated, this methylmercury has adverse effects on neurological, cardiac, vascular, digestive, endocrine and other tissues.
Virtually everyone reacts to the presence of mercury.
This universal reaction, however, is not easily seen in all people who have mercury-silver fillings. Only some people react strongly enough to require medical help. Unfortunately, this medical help is usually unsuccessful as long as mercury remains in the body.
Fluorescent lamps contain mercury which is released when bulbs are broken. Mercury in bulbs is typically present as either elemental mercury liquid, vapor or both since the liquid evaporates at ambient temperature. When broken indoors, bulbs may emit sufficient mercury vapor to present health concerns. Breakage of multiple bulbs presents a more significant concern. A 1987 report described a 23-month-old toddler who suffered anorexia, weight loss, irritability, profuse sweating, and peeling and redness of fingers and toes. This case of acrodynia was traced to exposure of mercury from a carton of 8-foot fluorescent light bulbs that had broken in a potting shed adjacent to the main nursery. The glass was cleaned up and discarded, but the child often used the area for play.
Oh dude... discard the glass outside? You should package up the glass in layers of newspaper and dispose of it properly in a bin. [/quote]
shoot knowing that the broken parts have mercury im not going back in the woods and getting it.