Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My flashlight is cutting electrical tape w/o lens

kake

My mother gave me a flashlight yesterday, its pretty small, uses 2xCR123A, and the brand is "Kongsberg".
The flashlight is called "Nexlite". The package claims it is waterproof until 10 meters, but i didn't test that.
It feels like it is of quality. When i put it on to my skin, it hurts after around 10-20 seconds. Tried pointing it at electrical tape, after ~10 seconds it started smoking, and in 20 seconds it made a hole.
:) That is funny, just wanted to share
(Sorry for my bad english - im norwegian)

Edit: Painted som paper black, and tried that. It wouldn't ignite, but it sure did smoke! :p

:eek: Now i have visionspots, need to get protectionglasses  ;D

Edit2: Couldn't ignite a sharpied match either. Trying with magnifying glass if i find one!

kake

Re: My flashlight is cutting electrical tape w/o l

Sorry i cant, stupid me lost it on the ground, and the lamp said good bye :'(
I'll see if i can get a new one :p

Things

Nice!!! I just melted electrical tape with a 250W halogen bulb and a lens, though i can only use it for so long, since it gets sooooo hot, don't want to melt the lense LOL

Fun stuff: Find an overhead projector that can fold away the arm with the lens. If you then turn it on, you get a 250W-spot focused to about a square cm. darkish paper will start to burn in there. If you take regular paper with black letters on it, it will start to smoke aound the letters.

If you do this in a room that has a chalkboard nearby, take one of the (dry) sponges and shake them, so that the dust falls out of it. You then start to see a nice pyramid of light (and it makes it easier to find the focal point).

Things

So in other words, go to your school, pull the top of their overhead projector, spread chalk dust everywhere and light fires LOL ;D ;D

No, I didn't tell you that...

lol things, i should try that, I have the guts from a slide projector (has a 200-300w bulb in it) and if that doesn't work i still have a 300W halogen bulb here ;D

Things

Hehehe, the halogen bulb was outta the light in my sig.

Switch

Could you put a 300W halogen bulb into a (rather large) flashlight? With a special reflector and heatsink, and maybe use it with a duty cycle....But at least rob wicked of their guiness record :p

Things

Ueerrrmm, yeah it would have tobe rather large, since a 300W halogen bulb gives off a F#$kload of heat, even 250W manages to heat a large metal object to unbearable touching temperature, even WITH a fan, sticking it a flashlight would require like a 1 min duty cycle, 1 min on, and like 3 mins off. Not to mention the size of the batteries needed ;D