Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first lasers :)

I'm new to the laser scene and I think I'll be getting the DX 200mW burning red and the DX True 30mW Green.
Sound good?

As for batteries,

Are these good quality batts+ charger for the red? or is something from a regular store better?
DX sku.932
DX sku.2031
(cant post links)

and what should I get for the green?
I'm not looking to spend too much money on batteries, but the extra price for a rechargeable + charger is worth it over buying new ones all the time.

Also should I split my lasers into two orders just in case for US customs?

Those are the lasers I chose to get first. I have not gotten the dx200 yet, but I did get the 30mw green. It is really different from a normal laser pointer. On a good dark night it looks like a light saber, and if you point it at the ceiling you can light up a mid sized room. Just dont stare at the dot to much, its really bright. Ive read good things about the dx200 red too and I cant wait to get mine and start burning stuff.

thanks for the response jaws... it's a shame dx is so slow, I want to play with the lasers now ;D

what batteries are you using?

Simo

My 200mw is in the post somewhere. I cant wait :D and my first laser from dx was the 30mw too. :p

Get both lasers.

Greenie for shining, and the red DX200 is the ultimate value burner.

would someone mind taking a look at whether the batteries for the red that I listed are good... and help me with batteries for the greenie please?

yea, both of those are good for the laser. and buy some protective goggles if you have enough money from wicked lasers.

goggles are way too much for my budget right now... but I'm smart enough to not flash my eyes or do it on something that will reflect on my eyes...

are
DX sku.932
DX sku.2031
good batteries + charger for the dilda?

Royal2000H said:
goggles are way too much for my budget right now... but I'm smart enough to not flash my eyes or do it on something that will reflect on my eyes...

Famous last words.

Royal2000H said:

Being smart has nothing to do with it. When operating lasers you have a chance of getting a nasty reflection, period. Using a 200mW burning laser without goggles is simply asking for trouble sooner or later. They are your eyes so it's your decision, but remember you only get one set in a lifetime.

thanks Razako..
as for the greenie, I should get batteries from a local store rather than DX?