Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first laser build - 445 *Pic heavy*

Hmm. I may take you up on that. I'd have to wait until I gat paid which isn't until the first. *sigh* stupid bills.

Nice project, just made my first test toad for DVD/Blueray but old style with 4/6 1n4003 diodes looks like a necklace lol.
As these diodes are rated to 1A to get a higher amperage can I solder on another set of 6 diodes in parallel?

Tonga

Good job man:wave:! I really like the solar force builds they are beautiful!

Great Review.! Very well Written. :gj: & Cool Laser.

+ For You.:beer:

Nice project, just made my first test toad for DVD/Blueray but old style with 4/6 1n4003 diodes looks like a necklace lol.
As these diodes are rated to 1A to get a higher amperage can I solder on another set of 6 diodes in parallel?

Unfortunately no. I have found my self wishing the same from my 10 diode test load I built with 1N4936.

That is really a beautiful test load you built there alright. If you do a run of boards I may find myself wanting one. Why don't you consider having your PCB maker drill the holes though.

You could do that, however it wouldn't work well. No two diodes are exactly the same even if they are the same kind because of thermal runaway. If you put two in parallel you would find one of them will have a higher voltage drop and will hog more current. It's better and cheaper to just buy higher amp rated diodes like a 1N5404 which can handle up to 3A.

Good job man:wave:! I really like the solar force builds they are beautiful!

Thank you! They are indeed very beautiful :drool:. Very high quality host!

Great Review.! Very well Written. :gj: & Cool Laser.

+ For You.:beer:

:thanks:

Unfortunately no. I have found my self wishing the same from my 10 diode test load I built with 1N4936.

That is really a beautiful test load you built there alright. If you do a run of boards I may find myself wanting one. Why don't you consider having your PCB maker drill the holes though.

:thanks:
I'm really tempted to sell some now since there is interest. What I meant about the drill sizes wasn't wide enough to easily slide the pins through. I already corrected the file. When and if I do sell these it will come unassembled because I do not have enough time to do all the soldering because of school, work, and family.