Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first 561nm pointer

I have a 30mW to 40mW 561nm pen-style laser on the way.
Uses either 2x AAA cells or one 10440 Li:Ion cell plus a dummy battery.

Unfortunately, I no longer own or have access to a spectrometer or even a spectroscope, so the best I'll be able to do is "eyeball" the wavelength.

ETA is ~08-05-23.

I've never seen this wavelength, so I'm kinda stoked!!! :D

In a pinch you can use a diffraction grating and just measure the distances. I have a whole two foot sheet of 1000 lines/mm. It works well for this before I got my spectrometer.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

In a pinch you can use a diffraction grating and just measure the distances. I have a whole two foot sheet of 1000 lines/mm. It works well for this before I got my spectrometer.
I'm aware of the diffraction grating trick, but I don't own or have access to one of those things. :(
When I said I lost everything after my stroke, I really did mean EVERYTHING. :sick:

I'm aware of the diffraction grating trick, but I don't own or have access to one of those things. :(
When I said I lost everything after my stroke, I really did mean EVERYTHING. :sick:
Sorry to hear that. If you like I can mail you a sheet of mine in an envelope for the price of one postage stamp. Send me a PM and I'll get your address and mail one to you.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

Sorry to hear that. If you like I can mail you a sheet of mine in an envelope for the price of one postage stamp. Send me a PM and I'll get your address and mail one to you.
Done, thank you!!! :cool:
I used the, "Start Conversation" link found by hovering over your avatar.
Hover over mine to get the link.

Last edited:
Got it. It will be in the mail this week. I need to find the large sheet among the many boxes of lasers and parts that I have.

The LED (& Laser) Museum

I'm presently attempting to photograph the laser & its beam, but I'm meeting with very little success because I no longer own or have access to a camera. The camera inbuilt into my cellular telephone handset does not have a self-timer which would be necessary here. :(

ouGTzMV.jpg

Last edited:
I'm presently attempting to photograph the laser & its beam, but I'm meeting with very little success because I no longer own or have access to a camera. The camera inbuilt into my cellular telephone handset does not have a self-timer which would be necessary here. :(

GVD1c4A.jpg

You could use a twist tie to hold the tactile switch down then photograph the laser. Just a thought.

tinkertavernco

It’s always been so strange to me that cameras don’t “get” 561nm (and other yellow wavelengths) - then suddenly around 580nm they realize it’s actually yellow!

Makes it even nicer to see it in person though.

I found my sheet of diffraction grating and put it in my mail box to go out to you today Craig. Hope it finds you soon.