Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Budget Ophir Power Supply

IsaacT

I think I have had mine 1 and a half weeks or so....not that long at all. It is a good meter BUT I want the fast response time and also to be able to measure over 2W.

norbyx

I am not quite sure I will be selling mine yet. I want to test the ophir before I do. I know that the ophir head is faster than the laserbee but I might just end up keeping both, I don't know, we shall see...

Wanna see the PS for mine in action with my 9mm in my just-arrived-today Kryton head?
dPUGzUU.png

Edit: I just noticed you can't see the PS at all..lol. At least I got to show of 3.2W!

Last edited:
Not at all, I like the LaserBee II quite a bit, but there are some things that make me want a ophir.

1. I have a 3.5W laser incomming and the LaserBee II won't go over 3.2W

2. I don't need a LPM since I have a DMM with logging software and internal memory, so to make some graphs I don't even need a computer close by. Now to download the info I just hook the DMM USB port to the computer and I am set to go, make graphs ecc...ecc...

3. The ophir is has a faster response than the LaserBee II.

4. The sale price of the used LBII would be enough to pay of just for the head, but since that is all I need than the deal makes sense.

I might just keep the LaserBee II as a backup, I really like this LPM but if you consider the 4 points above than it just makes sense to get an ophir
Yes it does...;)

I still can't grasp the need to get 100% reading in under 2 seconds
unless you only turn on your laser for 1 second and then turn it off.
I can see the response time as a possible problem with the entry level
LPMs that use a cheaper and slower sensor.

The LaserBee II has a 90% response time of ~4 seconds...
That is fast enough for our daily shop needs. Once it reaches the
100% response time it is very sensitive and fast in detecting very
small changes in beam power.

Jerry

Last edited:

norbyx

I still can't grasp the need to get 100% reading in 1 second
unless you only turn on your laser for 1 second and then turn
it off.
I can see the response time as a possible problem with the
entry level LPMs that use a cheaper and slower sensor.

The LaserBee II has a 90% response time of ~4 seconds...
That is fast enough for our daily shop needs. Once it reaches
the 100% response time it is very sensitive and fast in detecting
very small changes in beam power.

Jerry

You might be right, that is why I think I will keep both. Also the ophir is going to take a longer setup time unless I make a LPM for it alone. The laserbeeII is a nice little object. I like it very much, but to have 2 different options is not a crime, as we most of the time have two multimeters, at least two lasers, two cars ecc..ecc... why not two LPM?

tonyt

You might be right, that is why I think I will keep both. Also the ophir is going to take a longer setup time unless I make a LPM for it alone. The laserbeeII is a nice little object. I like it very much, but to have 2 different options is not a crime, as we most of the time have two multimeters, at least two lasers, two cars ecc..ecc... why not two LPM?

I second that, i am going to be buying a 3.7USB next week when i get paid but i also want to get an ophir head to use with my DMM so i can see the reading on a screen without the need of my pc or laptop.. Like when i take it round to peoples houses or to a lab where people want their laser's tested.