Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Brand new new style 200 mW red laser

shorten your duty cycle a little bit, should be fine. some folks on here have run theirs up to 8v+

shorten your duty cycle a little bit, should be fine. some folks on here have run theirs up to 8v+

ok... mabey ill pick some up tomarrow.

wait a second i dont know anyone who sells 3.6 volt CR2 recharable batteries and a charger... could you enlighten me?

Last edited:
ok... mabey ill pick some up tomarrow.

wait a second i dont know anyone who sells 3.6 volt CR2 recharable batteries and a charger... could you enlighten me?

In my opinion, the increase in burning ability of 200mW vs ~250mW is very slight. I wouldn't shorten the life of my laser for such a small difference. Visibility isn't affected much either... however, if the diode dies due to COD, the difference will be very apparent.

In my opinion, the increase in burning ability of 200mW vs ~250mW is very slight. I wouldn't shorten the life of my laser for such a small difference. Visibility isn't affected much either... however, if the diode dies due to COD, the difference will be very apparent.

COD? like "Call of duty"... haha lol jk... but seriously... what C.O.D.

Things

Catastrophic Optical Damage, in other words, your laser will end up looking like it's 0.2mW :p

jayrob

haha... i was thinking about buying some... but i didnt know if it would kill my laser or not...

The best way to increase power for that laser is to install a better lens! :)

In fact, this will not only increase the output by at least 20%, but also be better for your diode. Letting more light out, and not reflecting back into the diode.

See the lens I am talking about on that very laser here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-meredith-glass-lenses-fit-aixiz-20-red-22501-2.html#post574378

Last edited:
It's probably easiest, because it's common, and doesn't require inflation, or unrolling.