Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Arctic Photos + 1080p HD Videos Thread

Swift

Arctic Sold!

Hello, you might know me from LaserCommunity.com

Well basically, all I'm going to do is copy and paste that thread to these forums, so that I can share with you all the pictures and videos I've taken of my Arctic!

Will keep this thread updated with new videos and photos, so check the changelog (at the bottom of this post) to see if I added any since last you checked! Times in changelog are Eastern Time

Photos (Clickable Thumbnails)

Shining the Arctic on a glow in the dark traffic cone, then again on something of different material. This is two photos merged into one. As per request

Burn results from the fourth video, an index card, piece of plastic, and a match

The wallet burn result from the second video, with a 100% crop of burn

Beam at 17 feet away from aperture

Next to the 15mW Executive from WL

The "dot" 17 feet away against a black surface.
The height is exactly 0.5 inches at 205 inches away.

Videos

Walking down beam of Arctic 1000mW

Arctic 1000mW beam at night

Arctic 1000mW beam at night

Arctic 1000mW Burning

Broad daylight Arctic 1000mW

Burning a couple things with the Arctic

Arctic Beam in my dark room

My Arctic's beam from 17 ft

Arctic burning leather

YouTube - Received the Arctic

Any questions or picture / video requests?

Changelog:

• 8/1/10
  • 10:17 AM:
    Added macros of various areas of the laser, made all images clickable thumbnails
  • 8:52 AM - CC: 9 photos, 10 vids
    +2 videos of shining the beam in the dark outside
    7/31/10
  • 10:46 PM - CC: 9 photos, 8 vids
    +1 video of shining beam outside
  • 10:00 PM - CC: 9 photos, 7 vids
    Reversed the order of everything, so newest and most recent photos vids and changelogs will be at top instead of bottom now. Fixed a typo in changelog
  • 11:51 AM - CC: 9 photos, 7 vids
    +2 videos, one shining around outside, another burning a few more things
  • 9:47 PM - CC: 9 photos, 5 vids
    +2 pictures of beam outside at dark
  • 8:20 AM - CC: 7 photos, 5 vids
    +1 video of me shining my laser in my room

7/30/10
  • 9:24 AM - CC: 10 photos, 10 vids
    +1 photo from a request of the traffic cone
  • 8:48 PM - CC: 7 photos, 4 vids
    Provided link to the latest burning video
  • 7:51 PM - CC: 7 photos, 3 vids
    Added a photo of the latest burn video I just did, 6.5ft away.
  • 5:08 PM - CC: 6 photos, 3 vids
    Video of the beam has been added
  • 4:54 PM - CC: 6 photos, 2 vids
    Wallet burn result added, as per request
  • 4:22 PM - CC: 5 photos, 2 vids
    Two beam photos added, one next to a 15mW and one 17 ft away
  • 3:41 PM - CC: 3 photos, 2 vids
    Height + distance added to the dot picture
  • 3:33 PM - CC: 3 photos, 2 vids
    Added +1 photo of the dot 17 feet away
  • 2:58 PM - Current count: 2 photos, 2 videos.
    Added +1 photo.
  • 2:49 PM - Current count: 1 photo, 2 videos.
    Added one more video, and made the photo a little more higher resolution (~800x600) for you all.

Last edited:

Looks about right.. From that distance it compares with my 700mW 532, and if these are doing 800mW, -- we're spoiled, I think they're fine. The 'training lens', is it just an ND filter? Or how does it appear to be constructed?

+1 rep for the work on the pics and video...

Could you post some closeups of the host, particularly the end/lens assembly and the LED "holes" ?

Loved the vids, i really liked all the smoke you got to roll off that poor wallet :evil:

jbtm

Well, from others pictures, it seems you have one of the good lasers, 0.5" at 17ft...Instead of 5 inches at 15ft. Looks good! Cant wait for my G2!

Moptsp

This makes me want one a tad bit more. If only all were as good as yours. From what I can see, the battery indicator looks drilled out cleaner on yours more so than others also.

Swift

Added the video from last night, I forgot to add it. It's of me walking down the beam at night

Looks about right.. From that distance it compares with my 700mW 532, and if these are doing 800mW, -- we're spoiled, I think they're fine. The 'training lens', is it just an ND filter? Or how does it appear to be constructed?

+1 rep for the work on the pics and video...

Could you post some closeups of the host, particularly the end/lens assembly and the LED "holes" ?

Will do that :)

So what is your Arctic ACTUALLY metering in at?

I have no idea, don't have the technology to measure it.

If i had a laser like that i would not sel it ! ;) Thanks for sharing the nice videos. :yh:

NICE review!

Swift, might I ask how you're here and not banned from LC? I've never been to LC before but when I have tried to go there it always says I'm banned. I can only assume they've taken IP's from LPF and banned members? I also have videos of DIY and DX lasers on youtube, but this couldn't be a reason to ban someone from LC could it?

Swift

NICE review!

Swift, might I ask how you're here and not banned from LC? I've never been to LC before but when I have tried to go there it always says I'm banned. I can only assume they've taken IP's from LPF and banned members? I also have videos of DIY and DX lasers on youtube, but this couldn't be a reason to ban someone from LC could it?

How can they take IPs from LPF when no one on LC has administrative rights on LPF ? I don't see why they would ban members from here anyhow lol, never heard of them banning anyone just because they were part of LPF. They wouldn't ban you for the reason you stated either.

And you're welcome you guys !

has ANYONE metered an arctic? I'll look around, but I haven't heard of anyone doing so as of now.