Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Arctic maybe faulty now?

well a different 445 in the same host will do you no good, its the tail cap thats causing the problems.

It's not the tailcap, has good contact, also what dot I do get is now different, and also some extra artifacts in the dot. It's not clean anymore.

Why would that suddenly be a problem when one minute my Arctic was going great, then all of a sudden not going properly and on all of my 18650 batteries which are all pretty new. They all work on my other laser, no problems and last a long time.

daguin

Why would that suddenly be a problem when one minute my Arctic was going great, then all of a sudden not going properly and on all of my 18650 batteries which are all pretty new. They all work on my other laser, no problems and last a long time.

Measuring the current draw at the battery (without the tail switch) will tell you if the diode, the driver, or the switch went bad.

Normal current + no light = bad diode
Low current + no light = bad driver
normal current + bright light = bad switch

Peace,
dave

Razako

Soooooo glad I canceled my arctic. These things are looking awful and I don't wanna think about how screwed up the complicated g2's will be.

il trade you your arctic for a ~200mW pen i got

ROFL.gif
......sorry.

Had an email back from WL and are going to replace it with a G2, pity it's the G2, button combos are a hassle. A least they are going to replace it, got an RMA number, so Friday will send it back.