Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 7W 450nm Revan Lightsaber!

Sta

Hello folks!
I'm so happy I can finally make this thread. I've been working on this build for weeks.
It was definitely a very difficult one, and required a lot of problem solving.
You can read more about the build process here.
0QttkvP.jpg

The laser uses as a host a modular ("ASP") version of the Reborn hilt from SaberForge. I love the host! It is absolutely beautiful, though there's still a small error that I need to correct.

wTQTE2a.jpg

We're using a 7W 450nm NUBM44 diode, set to 5A, in this build, which to my knowledge is the most powerful visible diode available to the public.
It is powered by two 26650 batteries and uses a 3-element lens. Once I receive my Sanwu shipment I'll be switching to a G7 lens and a beam expander.

ygLPWv0.jpg

When I decided to make this build, I knew I wanted in-host recharge.
So I bought a power socket and added it to the host along with the switch.
The charging adapter only charges to 8.2V, though, which is 0.2V less than full charge. I will have to buy a new one eventually.
The duct tape is no longer needed - I only used it until I superglued the recharge port in.

pFhgkkx.jpg

The beam of this laser is just insanely bright. It's even brighter than my 1.4W 525 (NDG7475 diode.) It's also brighter, I think, than any LED lightsaber available.

wZldBGO.jpg

No photoshop there - just 7W of pure laser light, directed into a polycarbonate blade. It's incredible!

I'll post some burning videos soon, and then this laser will be used for something very, very special. :beer:

Last edited:

Wow that's a lot of light, and I thought that 3Ws of 445nm through my saber blade was blinding. If/when I get one of them nubm44s I'll have to try it out myself! :D Nice build!

Superior build! I like the idea of the recharge port built in the host itself. I know these sabers aren't meant for lasers so it is hard to make them work like the one I made. I'm glad you persevered through it all and completed your goal! +rep well deserved :D

I think its time you had a beer or three :beer: :beer: :beer:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Very nice Lightsaber build Sta, it's beautiful! :beer:
One question though, how is that polycarbonate holding up to 7W of power, also, is there any danger to the diode from reflection back to itself with that blade attachment installed?

Great build man, that laser is futuristic looking and those 3 spikes look vicious! I'd rep ya but can't yet I'm sorry buddy :yabbmad:

Sta

Thanks everyone! :D
Superior build! I like the idea of the recharge port built in the host itself. I know these sabers aren't meant for lasers so it is hard to make them work like the one I made. I'm glad you persevered through it all and completed your goal! +rep well deserved :D

I think its time you had a beer or three :beer: :beer: :beer:
Thanks Sean. It really is convenient to just plug it into the wall. Also means I can just bring the adapter with me rather than needing extra batteries.

And I think I'll have a coca-cola instead - I don't drink. :D
Very nice Lightsaber build Sta, it's beautiful! :beer:
One question though, how is that polycarbonate holding up to 7W of power, also, is there any danger to the diode from reflection back to itself with that blade attachment installed?
Since the beam is defocused it is rather easy for the blade to handle it. And there is no risk of backreflection. :beer:

And I think I'll have a coca-cola instead - I don't drink. :D
I can respect that, aber ich habe stoltz auf meinem deutsches Erbe, so werde ich trinke viel :beer::D

Last edited:

Cel

Very nice host, love those spikes! :beer:

I'd rather have my charger undercharge than overcharge the batts.

Hello folks!
I'm so happy I can finally make this thread. I've been working on this build for weeks.
It was definitely a very difficult one, and required a lot of problem solving.
You can read more about the build process here.

The laser uses as a host a modular ("ASP") version of the Reborn hilt from SaberForge. I love the host! It is absolutely beautiful,

The beam of this laser is just insanely bright. It's even brighter than my 1.4W 525 (NDG7475 diode.) It's also brighter, I think, than any LED lightsaber available.

wZldBGO.jpg

No photoshop there - just 7W of pure laser light, directed into a polycarbonate blade. It's incredible!
Hi Sta,

Wow what a beautiful build !
Can you elaborate on what you did to get a nice 'thick' beam in this shot please?
What do you mean by polycarbonate blade?

Love it !
+Rep you when I can buddy.

RB

Sta

That's not a wide beam buddy it's a lightsabre blade, also without a lens,

Right, except the 'without a lens' part. I never use my lasers without lenses because of the risk of dust being burned onto the window.

Jhop

Very Nice. Love that host. I think my next buy will be a 445nm something. Love the blueish/purple colors