Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 589nm Aurora

345olfo.jpg

My 589nm Aurora series laser pointer from dragon lasers next to a 650nm Sanwu pocket in low power mode. I don't have a power meter but most of what I've seen from dragon lasers these babies clock in around 10mW and mine seems to be right there with em. At optimal temperature it produces a clearly visible beam in a dim/dark setting. I've went through a good six or seven batteries in the couple months I've had this laser and never once have I felt the host get warm with the constant use it gets. Dragon lasers came in too clutch with having 589nm pointers cheaper than any other site I've seen and with over spec units at that. Paying $500+ for a guaranteed <5mW yellow laser is for an extreme professional setting that requires strict FDA approved guidelines. I however will gladly pay the $279 for an over spec CNI made pointer 👌 thanks for looking!

I'm not entirely sure how much you paid for this one. Looks like it was $279.00 from what I can see. I love yellow lasers. I have a lemon yellow 575nm DPSS laser in a lab host doing better than 36 mW. The 589nm ones are the same wavelength as Na atom lights. A bit on the orange sde of yellow. Thanks for your review. It was informative as well as entertaining.

I'm not entirely sure how much you paid for this one. Looks like it was $279.00 from what I can see. I love yellow lasers. I have a lemon yellow 575nm DPSS laser in a lab host doing better than 36 mW. The 589nm ones are the same wavelength as Na atom lights. A bit on the orange sde of yellow. Thanks for your review. It was informative as well as entertaining.
Yesh that is what I paid 😁 I truly contemplated spending the $399 for the Spartan, but I had a talk with myself & decided that a hundred bucks less with a still visible beam was a smart option haha. Plus I've noticed yellow pointers are starting to pop up in the glp models that take two AAA cells which I prefer less to the models that take the cr2 cells so I wanted to get one in case cni ends up making this glp model obsolete (I'd kill to get my hands on a 405nm glp that does over 100mW). I noticed you mentioning that 575nm labby in a previous post quoted at an amazing price & then seeing Alaskan made one handheld; I'm bout to check your threads out! I've been dabbling with building myself finally & have been totally jumping in the water without testing it first 😆 I've been having much success though so maybe I have a knack for this 👌

All the 405nm lasers for sale use the blueray diodes which are all single mode laser diodes. None of these are expensive, so you might want to consider building your own. You can get anywhere from 600 mW up to 900 mW depending on the diode used and the current you set the driver to. I would not try for a 1 watt one, though. They never seem to last very long. You could go with a 405nm multi mode diode, but I like the much tighter beams personally.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Always nice to see pics of any of the beautiful yellow wavelengths, never tire of seeing them, thanks for sharing! :)
I agree, I think those glp hosts with the gold front piece provide a good looking home for these yellow beams; I've got a 593.5nm in that same host.

Last edited:
Always nice to see pics of any of the beautiful yellow wavelengths, never tire of seeing them, thanks for sharing! :)
I agree, I think those glp hosts with the gold front piece provide a good looking home for these yellow beams; I've got a 593.5nm in that same host.
Thank you my friend! Yeah I bought a 6mW 405nm glp from Hap on here a while back (love it!) and while the sleekness of those AAA cell hosts is nice, I would 110% rather have a host a tad bit bigger for a yellow wavelength to give the pump diode as much heat protection as possible. Even though the size difference between the two hosts isn't that much, I've personally experienced noticeably better heat dissipation from a same laser module swapped out to a slightly bigger host. Of course that sounds obvious; I just didn't expect how much it actually improved the duty cycle. I've yet to feel my 589nm get even just slightly warm during use though so in all honesty I'm sure they do just fine in the smaller glp's 😆 Ahh I've never seen 593.5nm in person but pictures look sweet! It's crazy how different it is side by side a 589nm (in pictures at least). I'd op for one if the price wasn't the same/more than a 589nm, especially since it seems from my research that 589s are usually over spec unless specified from a reputable company (cough laserglow cough) & the 593.5s top out around 3mW. That's no disrespect to your glp though! I know it's a top of the line laser with A1 components & build quality! I think those are quickly switching to the smaller glp's too so make sure you cherish that laser!!!

Man.. I'm not gonna say this is a "complaint" because I absolutely love this pointer, CNI, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it's performance. Small pieces of the black gloss are chipping off of the host though for virtually no reason. I baby this laser! Never been dropped and when not in use, it's kept in a padded pouch. Anyone else have this problem with any of their GLP's? (Like any wavelength GLP not just yellow.)

rvrh3

Hey man, I just got my Aurora from Dragon Lasers and while it looks awesome, I’m getting
a “halo” of artifacts around the dot. Significantly more than my 532nm 5mW (optotronics). Does yours have this too? It was a little difficult to capture it with my iPhone .
Notice in the photos how the area around the yellow looks so much “dirtier” than the green.

486AC50D-ED05-4009-9D81-679E02177F26.jpeg

[QUOTE = "rvrh3, bài đăng: 1568139, thành viên: 22335"]
Này anh bạn, tôi vừa nhận được Aurora từ Dragon Lasers và trong khi nó trông thật tuyệt, tôi đang nhận được
một vầng hào quang của hoàng cung xung quanh điểm. Đáng kể hơn nhiều so với công suất 535nm 5mW (quang điện tử) của tôi. Bạn cũng có cái này à? Có một chút khó khăn để chụp nó bằng iPhone của tôi.
Hãy chú ý trong các bức ảnh làm thế nào khu vực xung quanh màu vàng trông rất bẩn bẩn hơn so với màu xanh lá cây.

View attachment 65915
[/TRÍCH DẪN]
oh,look very nice and lucxury,hhaha

rvrh3

oh,look very nice and lucxury,hhaha

Haha maybe my expectations are too high? I just expected a 5mW 589 dpss to have exceptional beam quality like the 532nm. Maybe I should just feel lucky that I have a yellow pointer that actually works lol

Haha maybe my expectations are too high? I just expected a 5mW 589 dpss to have exceptional beam quality like the 532nm. Maybe I should just feel lucky that I have a yellow pointer that actually works lol

That’s unfortunate. It looks like there’s some dirt or contamination somewhere inside the laser. I am actually actually considering getting an Aurora 589. Have you tried contacting DL?

I am also curious how your experience with the optotronics unit has been. You don’t see much on the 5mw units but that’s actually what I’m interested in. I’m trying to start a low power wavelength collection along with the Aurora. How has it been treating you?

Also, have you by any chance been able to put either laser on an LPM? I’m a little concerned about overspec units.

Last edited:

rvrh3

That’s unfortunate. It looks like there’s some dirt or contamination somewhere inside the laser. I am actually actually considering getting an Aurora 589. Have you tried contacting DL?

I am also curious how your experience with the optotronics unit has been. You don’t see much on the 5mw units but that’s actually what I’m interested in. I’m trying to start a low power wavelength collection along with the Aurora. How has it been treating you?

Also, have you by any chance been able to put either laser on an LPM? I’m a little concerned about overspec units.

I havent reached out to DL yet, but I think I will. For the price, I expected a bit better quality.

The optotronics is absolutely perfect. Sure, the host is the typical plastic one that is commonly used in cheap green lasers, but the beam quality and reliability is amazing. I’m very impressed with how perfect the little dot is as well as the beam. Optotronics is expensive but the quality speaks for itself. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was overspec too.

And no, I have not yet put them on an LPM. It’s next on my shopping list, though !