Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 493nm 'Jetlasers Ti-B' Build

Pman

Now that's a beautiful creation Jeff. I love that wavelength and just booked a flight as i need to see it with my own eyes:) Don't think I'll ever get my hands on one of those hosts. Back when I was spending lots I had the opportunity to get my hands on so many things and obviously blew it:( Everytime you get an opportunity to talk about that host you go off on it and that is really high praise considering what you do for a living. Sure know how to make the rest of us feel laser host envy! Happy for ya:)
How did you manage to have a spare host?
Paul graciously sent me a 503nm that I'm awaiting my blitz driver to start the build in a special pen host I've got. I'm honestly a bit edgy about putting it together and doing something stupid and blowing it only because I haven't done a build in over a year. Considering how many builds I've done and all the lasers I've repaired for others there shouldn't be any issue. I think it's more about how bad I would feel if I had to tell Paul something went wrong.
Not sure I understand the reason why you couldn't try a plastic lens. Are you saying the threads are not quite right?
Someone commented on the 532 and 520 so I'll throw in I think they are quite different. What I can easily see is the yellow in a 532nm. I might choose a 520nm over a 532nm for a simple rainbow. Would have to take a look at them in the mix. When you get the opportunity it's not expensive now for a 520nm build and you might like the color better. You WILL see the color difference easily side by side.
Anyways thanks so much Paul as I know Jeff and I are very grateful.

Now that's a beautiful creation Jeff. I love that wavelength and just booked a flight as i need to see it with my own eyes:) Don't think I'll ever get my hands on one of those hosts. Back when I was spending lots I had the opportunity to get my hands on so many things and obviously blew it:( Everytime you get an opportunity to talk about that host you go off on it and that is really high praise considering what you do for a living. Sure know how to make the rest of us feel laser host envy! Happy for ya:)
How did you manage to have a spare host?
Paul graciously sent me a 503nm that I'm awaiting my blitz driver to start the build in a special pen host I've got. I'm honestly a bit edgy about putting it together and doing something stupid and blowing it only because I haven't done a build in over a year. Considering how many builds I've done and all the lasers I've repaired for others there shouldn't be any issue. I think it's more about how bad I would feel if I had to tell Paul something went wrong.
Not sure I understand the reason why you couldn't try a plastic lens. Are you saying the threads are not quite right?
Someone commented on the 532 and 520 so I'll throw in I think they are quite different. What I can easily see is the yellow in a 532nm. I might choose a 520nm over a 532nm for a simple rainbow. Would have to take a look at them in the mix. When you get the opportunity it's not expensive now for a 520nm build and you might like the color better. You WILL see the color difference easily side by side.
Anyways thanks so much Paul as I know Jeff and I are very grateful.

Hi Pman,

Some time ago I got in contact with Jetlasers, they told me that they had some spare Ti-B hosts that could be sold. Not sure about actually.

A.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@Pete - Thank you Pete, I'll be looking forward to your visit!
I know about hindsight in missing out on good deals; I would have loved to get some more custom hosts from Ehgemus, and MRCrouse myself.

That's the way I felt about this build, I thought something would go wrong, and I'd feel bad about losing a rare wavelength diode.
Good luck on your 503nm build, I've got one to build, but have had bad luck with those blitz drivers, they've got a real touchy adjustment on the pot.

I didn't try the acrylic lens because to use it I'd have to take the lens portion out of the black plastic threaded holder and put it in my customized 14mm long brass lens holder; It looked to be a PITA to get it out, although I may give it a try when I have some time.

On the 520nm and 532nm, I've got one of each in my Ti-B's, they are the only two Ti-B's that I have that are J/L factory made units, the other four are custom made.
I probably wouldn't have both if I were building them all from scratch, but since J/L produced both of them, I had to get one of each!

I got a few hosts a couple of years ago, when there were some to be had, I don't know if that's still the case.
I also got a couple of dead, or low output ones over the years from members. I've been working on this collection since 2012, when I started here; Len and J/L (Gray) had a G.B. going and after seeing these, I had to have one ....or two, or three; I give up, I'm addicted!

I just sent a driver, module, 495nm diode to ElectricPlasma today. He is in Canada, but ought to get it soon. So, there will be another review of this awesome wavelength coming to a thread near you soon. :D

Razako

Amazing builds like usual, I've come to expect nothing less from your threads. I've got a Sanwu 495nm, and it really is a unique laser color. Not quite green and not quite blue. It's sort of like how 561nm is between green and yellow.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Thank you Razako, since you own a 495nm you know how it can look more blue, or more green depending on light conditions, surroundings , and what angle you are looking at the beam from; definitely unique!

I like that comparison with the 561nm, to me it's a borderline wavelength. Speaking of 561nm, I'd love to get ahold of one of them. :yh:

I really want a 577nm laser. After seeing 3 watts of Matt's (Ultimatekaiser) OPSL, I have had an desperate desire to get something similar. Funny how these wavelengths tend to tug at your soul.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm not sure if I've seen 577nm, although I'm sure I'd like it!

Last edited:

It's a lemon yellow color, Jeff. Not a trace of red in it at all. I call it pure yellow.

CONGRATULATIONS to Singlemode Laser for acquiring 200K in positive reputation. You have also been congratulated in the vet's section, but you have to be here a year and have 1000 posts to access it. :(

Encap

Here is a link to LPF member Dr. Laser's 577nm CNI GLP pen review---there are some good pics of it in operation --pure yellow output.
Don't even think about how much it cost. :crackup: Approx. $2000 w. special discount --original quote close to $3000 plus shipping and taxes if I remember correctly from the thread.
https://laserpointerforums.com/f52/cni-glp-577-world-s-first-yellow-laser-pointer-101336.html

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Encap, thanks for the link, after looking at it, I remember reading it when Dr. Laser first posted it, but it's still nice to see a rare wavelength again.

It looks like at $2000 - $3000, It'll be on my 'to get' list for some time, but who knows, I'll bet that at this time last year no one thought we'd have affordable 495nm diodes either.

Very nice build the color is one of the best ive seen its so cool that its blue in the day and green at night ive just built one with a cr2 jayrob kit at 150ma its very bright for the current i have used.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
@Richie89, thanks for the kind words, glad you like it! :D

@evans965, thank you, it does tend to look more blue in bright conditions, and more green as it gets darker.
You should share some photos of your Jayrob kit, I'll bet it looks greaat! We all love to see pics, and more is better! :yh: