Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 477nm and 502nm builds.

So, I finally got my obligations to other members fulfilled and had time to finish my two newest builds. A 477nm in a 501B host with a Lifetime17 focus knob and a 502nm in a lifetime17 501B build. Both are over 100 mW in power and use the acrylic stock lenses to eliminate the rectangular artifact in the beam profile.

Here are the hosts. The purple one is the 477nm and the green is the 502nm.
AR6rYPhl.jpg

These are photos of the beam and dot from the 477nm build.
MYdq1LGl.jpg

vAzYx92l.jpg

This is the same 477nm in my UltraPod tripod and Smallrig clamp. Notice the greener blue color because the lighting was changed.
UEy5v3sl.jpg

Here is a beam shot at the TV with the 502nm laser.
H2cm17ll.jpg

And lastly, the same 502nm in the Ultrapod with the different lighting conditions
WCd7anxl.jpg

Thanks for taking a look. My next project will be my three channel PWM to adjust incrementally the RGB 300 mW laser to change the colors of the beam using three 15 turn pots. :wave:

:thanks:

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
A couple of sweet wavelengths, Paul! :beer:
Glad to see that you've finally got a little "me time" to do a few of your own builds. :yh:

Thanks, Jeff. I was pleased with the way they turned out. Now, on to the next project. :yh:

Nice builds Paul, I really love that 477nm color!! It is just astonishing. And that 502nm dosn't look bad at all! :drool:
Thanks for sharing those with us!

Looking forward to see result of your RGB laser with PWM dimmer!! :)

Thank you, Tero. I am looking forward to your MPU controlled projector as that is the direction I will be going in after I am done with the PWMs.

BobMc

Those are some great colors, any chance for some night time beam shots? :drool:

I'll try to get some outside beam shots this weekend, Bob. It is really cold out right now and I'm just starting to get around better. I think I can get some tomorrow night. Thanks for having a look. The 502nm is pretty blue for a green wavelength and the blue is more of a cyan color than a true blue color. At least that is what I see with them on.

Hey, I just noticed this is my 7000 post. :)

Last edited:
Hi Paul,
Two great builds under your hat, did well and the WL's are astonishing . Waiting on some 495 and 488's to come up ,just waiting on a reply from a vendor. Glad you had some time for yourself and your back on your feet again.

Rich:)

Thanks, Rich. I'm now in the process of putting together my three channel PWM for my LaserLands 300 mW RGB laser. That will be the next thing I'll have to show. I'm hoping to get very good color rendition, which I can use later in a projector to switch colors quickly. Thanks for having a look. ;)

Nice builds Paul.
Love those wavelengths mate.
I can't get enough of that blue, around 477+.
It really is a gorgeous hue.
Congratulations on your 7000th post too buddy.
:friend:

As I recall, it is almost right on the money 477nm. The heat sink is large enough to keep it from wandering up from there. It is only 130 mW at 275 mA. Still makes a nice beam even in a lit room. I love them both and use them about 5 times a week....just to look at the colors. Thanks, buddy.

BTW, did anyone notice the stickers from Rivem on both these lasers? Thanks to Rivem for dressing these up for me.

Last edited:
Super Cat High Five reduced_picc.jpg

Ali G Respek mymeme_picc.jpg

Your pictures of the 502 make me want one more than any other picture I have seen of that entire series of diodes.

Last edited:
Thanks, Aaron. It is now one of my favorite builds too. It has that hint of blue in it that makes it look that way. I still take it and my 477nm one out all the time just to look at the beams. They are definitely unique compared to what we usually see around here.

diachi

Nice builds! I like the colour of the 502nm! Did the camera capture it accurately? Putting me in the mood to do another build...

Also, nice Tektronix poster. Wonder if you get as many questions about that as I do with my Rohde and Schwarz frequency allocation poster! :rolleyes:

Reactions: GSS
Nice builds! I like the colour of the 502nm! Did the camera capture it accurately? Putting me in the mood to do another build...

Also, nice Tektronix poster. Wonder if you get as many questions about that as I do with my Rohde and Schwarz frequency allocation poster! :rolleyes:

You are the first to even recognize it as a Tektronix poster in all these years. Yeah, that is pretty much how it looks. The camera did it justice. It has that blue tinge that makes it one of my two favorite lasers. :p

GSS

I was going to ask this about the camera pic's and seeing the camera did justice i'm loving both colors:) Thanks for working with these diodes and finding there sweet spots:beer:
I get a kick also of looking at the back rounds when members post pic's and i'm seeing the walker near by and hoping you don't rely on it much;)
I believe Paul you had mentioned you live in a older mansion style neighborhood and house and I like the front door as it looks period original. I can't make out though what's in the window hole now?