Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 445nm build, Jayrob C3 host....

I'm going to have to change the GGW diode in my C3 Lobzilla laser. I'm sure he'll like the extra power.

27267d1275454020-tjs-cooking-thread-via-pdf-lobzilla.jpg

I had to shrink that down to post. PM me your email addy and I'll send you the original size one if you want. Its 2272 X 1704.

Well I took a couple more pictures tonight....
Some good beam shots into the sky....

Here is a few things that I noticed when it comes to photographing the 445nm....

The beam shows up pretty good in my camera (canon Rebel xsi) without slowing down the shutter speed to much....

You have to find the happy medium. Slowing down the shutter speed to much, caused the beam to look completely purple...

Here is a couple of the better shots that I ended up with....
The color in these two pictures is just about exactly what I see with my eyes.... Real Blue, with a slight hint of purple.

Also, it was a very clear night, no fog and not very humid. The beam is really that visible.
97704812.jpg

You can tell from this picture that my 445 is not focused as good as my green and therefore does not have as much range. I really hope that we can find a better lens for these diodes....

74457047.jpg

Last edited:

jayrob

Those are some of the best and most realistic looking beam shot's I've seen yet! :gj:

Jayrob's right, those are kick ass beamshots.
I think you have a future in laser photography.

Props to the amazing photos!!!!

I really want to be able to take photos that good of laser beams someday...

Cool build I realy like the stainless look :) nice beam shots the blue and green sure goes well together :)

@ T_J NO NO don't bring these close to your amp it will blow out the tubes and you won't be able to here the music any more :crackup:

I though people were bringing these close to an amp?