Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MXDL Pen Polished Up.;) My New Favorite Pen

I dont have any experience with that driver myself. I've read alot on the builds that they have worked with and from whta I see they perform pretty effeciently.

Also the NJG-18 may be a possiblilty to look at, but I'm not sure of the Dia. on that one (may be to large)

NJG18's are 16 or 17mm. these pen hosts have a usable ID of around 11mm.

Yeah it's why I like the trustfire ef23's better. More room in them, better heatsinking, plus the drivers that come in the lights are suitable for LD use. Using a normal 1.5V AAA, they'll run a 405 at around 70mw, a 445 at around 60mw, and a 660 around 150mW. I haven't tried using a 10440 yet since I don't have any.

100_0728.JPG

100_0729.JPG

That's a 445. 60mW off a normal AAA. heh. And 3 modes too, though the low mode is low frequency pwm, so you get dots if you wave it around. And the strobe mode is kind of interesting but fairly useless in a laser. heh.

Last edited:
Well in small hosts usually comes lesser power. Thats a nice beam for 60mW

That's beautiful!

:thanks:
They look awesome! :beer:

@spaceman, he de-anodizes them first ;)

:thanks:

I think you should keep selling the polished version. I know i'm planning on carrying them as soon as I can come up with decent drivers to package with them but I don't have time to do deanodizing and polishing so mine will be the normal hosts.

These will not be sold as you think. But i do plain on de anodizing most of them. They Will be sold here and there.

Really you don't need Mirror anymore:na:

Hehe.:cool:

What about Jib drives? Seems like they would ouple pretty well with the pens.

That is a good idea. Everyone that has asked me for a driver recommendation to put in one of these guys i told them the Jib77 Driver Here:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/fs-jibs-linear-drivers-500ma-1-3-1-6a-1-8a-60213.html
He did one of the Single AAA ones using a 685nm diode. Check out his driver fit:
Jib77.jpg

Not sure if the 1x AAA ones have the same head length extra but iam pretty sure they do.

Jib would be best to answer this question for us. I will pass this thread on over to him>:)

Edit:

That looks nice! Is that the 445 or the 405?

Sorry i missed this One.:) Iam not sure. I have a few de anodized right now and that are going to get polished up over the next few days.:)

So if the sleds i ordered from my supplier come in before the 445nm come in then i would do the 405nm 6x. But if the 445nm come in before my sled order then i will test one of those and see if its worth putting in here.:D

Last edited:
It's a hard choice to make between the two, if you have both diodes on hand.

You'll be able to run a red off a single 10440 using a linear regulator but not much else. for the 1x AAA's i'd rather use a driver that will work with most diodes, i.e. boost/buck. Microflexdrives would be the optimum choice but i'd really like to keep costs on these as low as possible.

The heads and tails on the 1x AAA's are identical to the 2x AAA's. The only difference is the length of the battery tube itself. the heads and clicky sections are interchangeable.

Absolutely, for small builds flexs are optimum. I just started using Linear drives because my taste in hosts changed.

You'll be able to run a red off a single 10440 using a linear regulator but not much else. for the 1x AAA's i'd rather use a driver that will work with most diodes, i.e. boost/buck. Microflexdrives would be the optimum choice but i'd really like to keep costs on these as low as possible.

The heads and tails on the 1x AAA's are identical to the 2x AAA's. The only difference is the length of the battery tube itself. the heads and clicky sections are interchangeable.

That is Exactly what i wanted to here.

SO jibs Driver will work and fit perfect for the 2x AAA Host. And there Cheap too fo your DIY this host.:wave:

I have a LPC-815 running at 420mA With a LM317 Driver in one of mine and its putting out ~ 250mW.:wave: Duty cycle ~1 minute ON 1 minute 30 seconds OFF.

I think thats the best driver to go with the 2x AAA ones if you are DIYing.

Last edited:
Definitley can't be the price! I just got some Jib drives in the mail today I;m gonna be using one in a 12x build and see how she works. I'm pretty excited to see how she turns out :)

Last edited:
Probably when running off 2x 10440's You should be able to run about anything diode wise. the 1x AAA lights are the ones that really need a boost/buck driver to support a wide range of diodes.

Yeah usually isnt a problem as long as the small batteries are being pulled down to hard