Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multiple diodes.

Thank you for sharing your work. A beautiful design and machining. I will try your idea of copper/ aluminum for the mount/heat sink. But I don't expect to use more than a beam combining cube and three lenses. The alignment will be done hopefully by careful setup during the machining. Ed.

Hello. Has anyone used two 2.4A to 2.5A laser driver 445nm and 808nm Constant Current 4mode to power two Nichia NDB7875 445nm 9mm Laser Diodes. If so how do you switch modes? Do you have to switch modes for both or will one work? Thank you. Ed.

Thank you for sharing your work. A beautiful design and machining. I will try your idea of copper/ aluminum for the mount/heat sink. But I don't expect to use more than a beam combining cube and three lenses. The alignment will be done hopefully by careful setup during the machining. Ed.

OK....I THINK you are replying to the " Tridentis " Build. OK....The 445 Modules are available from DTR with a Copper Diode mount section. Just purchase two (2) Modules from DTR with the X-Drive. The X-drive's have a pre-set current...IIRC the max is currently 2.3 A. EASY !!!

Insert the modules into a Aluminum block milled out to accept two (2) units. The X-drives need to be driven at about 7 volts....or two (2) 18650 LiPo cells will do just fine. I used four (4) 18650 cells...to drive three (3) 9mm 445 modules.

IF you are NOT going to beam correct with Anamorphic Prism's......I would go with the glass aspherical collimation lenses from O-Like !!! They are inexpensive...like less than $ 10 each....and screw into the DTR modules !!! For me....they deliver the tighest beam...BUT...there IS a trade off !!! OF COURSE...There always is !!!

The lenses that come with the 9mm modules from DTR deliver about 7% more power....but...they do not deliver the tighest beam propagation...SOOoooo....pay your money...and take your choice !!!

How you adjust the PBS cube is also very important. Consider a Flexmount !!! IMNSHO....it is the way to go !!! Dual builds..." Combiners " have special needs !!

With not one (1)....but two (2) 9mm 445 diodes....you have TWICE the heat to manage. A larger heat sink( read larger diameter host ) would be a good selection !! That means that you now have more room for a Flexmount to use to align your PBS. I really see no other logical selection than a Flexmount to beam steer. Careful machining is possible....but...for my money....some way to align/adjust is really the way to go !!!!

Hope this helps some. There are always many ways to do things !!! AND...There are always " Trade-offs " Good Luck !!

CDBEAM=======>:eg::eg::eg:

OK....I THINK you are replying to the " Tridentis " Build. OK....The 445 Modules are available from DTR with a Copper Diode mount section. Just purchase two (2) Modules from DTR with the X-Drive. The X-drive's have a pre-set current...IIRC the max is currently 2.3 A. EASY !!!

Insert the modules into a Aluminum block milled out to accept two (2) units. The X-drives need to be driven at about 7 volts....or two (2) 18650 LiPo cells will do just fine. I used four (4) 18650 cells...to drive three (3) 9mm 445 modules.

IF you are NOT going to beam correct with Anamorphic Prism's......I would go with the glass aspherical collimation lenses from O-Like !!! They are inexpensive...like less than $ 10 each....and screw into the DTR modules !!! For me....they deliver the tighest beam...BUT...there IS a trade off !!! OF COURSE...There always is !!!

The lenses that come with the 9mm modules from DTR deliver about 7% more power....but...they do not deliver the tighest beam propagation...SOOoooo....pay your money...and take your choice !!!

How you adjust the PBS cube is also very important. Consider a Flexmount !!! IMNSHO....it is the way to go !!! Dual builds..." Combiners " have special needs !!

With not one (1)....but two (2) 9mm 445 diodes....you have TWICE the heat to manage. A larger heat sink( read larger diameter host ) would be a good selection !! That means that you now have more room for a Flexmount to use to align your PBS. I really see no other logical selection than a Flexmount to beam steer. Careful machining is possible....but...for my money....some way to align/adjust is really the way to go !!!!

Hope this helps some. There are always many ways to do things !!! AND...There are always " Trade-offs " Good Luck !!

CDBEAM=======>:eg::eg::eg:

Hi. I have a very compact prism/lens assembly I intend to use in the next step of project. here is a pictureDCP_5286.jpg of it. Ed.

Wow, okay that is going to be too small for 9mm diodes. You might get away with M140s, but not in standard modules. You would have to custom machine the heatsink and press the diodes directly into it.
Otherwise they won't be close enough together. This will require a machining tolerance of 1/1000" or less.
It would be much easier to leave that optic for another project and use something else.

Wow, okay that is going to be too small for 9mm diodes. You might get away with M140s, but not in standard modules. You would have to custom machine the heatsink and press the diodes directly into it.
Otherwise they won't be close enough together. This will require a machining tolerance of 1/1000" or less.
It would be much easier to leave that optic for another project and use something else.

Hello. I think I'll take your advice and use two M140s, But I'll machine a heat sink with micro-flex mounts built into it. I don't mind doing the machining. I like working with very tiny things. Ed.

Hi. I am looking for a countersink cutter that will provide a press-fit for the 9 mm diodes.
Do you or someone you know have one for sale? Ed.

Hello. I have been trying to get two matching beams to combine through a 1/2" cube beam splitter. But the two beams simply pass through each other with very little deflection. Both are matching Nichia NDB7875 445nm 9mm Laser Diodes. Can some one please show me what it is that I am doing wrong? Thank you for any help. Ed.

Hi. I am looking for a countersink cutter that will provide a press-fit for the 9 mm diodes.
Do you or someone you know have one for sale? Ed.

No. I have been looking for such a thing myself.
I think it might be done with a tiny boring bar or
some type of custom tool I have never seen.

Hello. I have been trying to get two matching beams to combine through a 1/2" cube beam splitter. But the two beams simply pass through each other with very little deflection. Both are matching Nichia NDB7875 445nm 9mm Laser Diodes. Can some one please show me what it is that I am doing wrong? Thank you for any help. Ed.

For the diode that passes straight through, not
much needs to be done as long as it goes
through. In order to get the cube to deflect the
other one, the light needs to be in a specific
polarization. This could be as simple as turning
the diode or using a wave plate.